Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   CX-5 Pricing (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/cx-5-pricing-29074/)

1966 04-07-2012 11:06 PM

CX-5 Pricing

I was hoping that the CX-5 would have a red leather interior option to match my 1993 MX-5 LE. The red stitching on the black leather will have to do.

I have not bought a new car since 2001 (Toyota Sequoia) and I would like to know if the CX-5 is selling at MSRP or has anyone bought it below MSRP?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting one soon.

MathewR 04-08-2012 01:24 AM

You're obviously not looking in the trim range we bought (we have the Sport Manual) but yes, we paid less than MSRP for ours. (I did my absolute best to drive a hard bargain.)

TrueCar only has a little tiny bit of info (when we bought they had not enough data to even plot a price point) but they are indicating that the CX-5 is selling at above MSRP due to it being new and there being limited stock.

New 2013 Mazda CX-5 Price Quote w/ MSRP, Dealer Cost & Invoice

CX-SV 04-08-2012 12:10 PM

Yes you can get CX-5 below MSRP. I did on March 18. That's what it took to close deal as far as I'm concerned. Stock is adequate assuming you are buying only one at a time.

Welcome 1966.

1966 04-08-2012 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by MathewR (Post 127662)
You're obviously not looking in the trim range we bought (we have the Sport Manual) but yes, we paid less than MSRP for ours. (I did my absolute best to drive a hard bargain.)

New 2013 Mazda CX-5 Price Quote w/ MSRP, Dealer Cost & Invoice

I prefer the sport stick trim myself, but the wife wants the next car to be more technologically loaded. The GT AWD with the tech package seems like a good choice. I drive my miata anytime I have the urge to go back to basics.

1966 04-08-2012 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by CX-SV (Post 127682)
Yes you can get CX-5 below MSRP. I did on March 18. That's what it took to close deal as far as I'm concerned. Stock is adequate assuming you are buying only one at a time.

Welcome 1966.

Thanks. I may start out with online quotes from a couple of local dealers.

CX-SV 04-08-2012 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1966 (Post 127696)
I prefer the sport stick trim myself, but the wife wants the next car to be more technologically loaded. The GT AWD with the tech package seems like a good choice. I drive my miata anytime I have the urge to go back to basics.

The GT w/tech pkg has 98% of the luxury equipment of premium brands at a much lower MSRP, it's a good value. It lacks lots of power, but the best in class gas mileage is the result of small 2.0L and advanced engine and auto tranny.

darren wilson 04-30-2012 01:04 PM

It was just announced last week that the CX-5 is tied for 2nd place with the Audi Q7 for the fastest-selling new models in America, right behind the Toyota Prius C.

The dealers i visited last week are selling every one they can get in, and some configurations are particularly constrained. I was told that if i ordered one today, it would be in production in June and delivered in August.

I'm really surprised they're selling below MSRP! With such a hot product, i'm sure they could get full asking price for them.

MathewR 05-01-2012 02:36 AM

According to TrueCar ( New 2013 Mazda CX-5 Price Quote w/ MSRP, Dealer Cost & Invoice ) they're just under MSRP.

"For the base model, the market average price for a new 2013 Mazda CX-5 is trending $59 below the manufacturer's sticker price. For the seven available 2013 Mazda CX-5 trim lines, the average savings is 0.265% below the MSRP."

I bought mine for less than that a month ago. I think that what happened was the very first people to get in (remember, they have only been selling for like two months) were in before the crowds, so to speak.

I think buying one for MSRP is a good deal. I think the price I got was a great one.

darren wilson 05-01-2012 09:26 AM

Agreed. I think when they first arrived, Mazda didn't know that they had a huge hit on their hands. Circumstances are definitely different a couple of months later!

CX-SV 05-01-2012 04:57 PM

Discounts off of MSRP are still given to move floor stock, often the ones left are the well-equipped higher margin Touring and GT's. Around here most dealers have only 2-6 units.

April was 2nd full month of CX-5 sales in US, 3521 units sold.