Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   CX-5 Pricing (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/cx-5-pricing-29074/)

1966 04-07-2012 11:06 PM

CX-5 Pricing

I was hoping that the CX-5 would have a red leather interior option to match my 1993 MX-5 LE. The red stitching on the black leather will have to do.

I have not bought a new car since 2001 (Toyota Sequoia) and I would like to know if the CX-5 is selling at MSRP or has anyone bought it below MSRP?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting one soon.

MathewR 04-08-2012 01:24 AM

You're obviously not looking in the trim range we bought (we have the Sport Manual) but yes, we paid less than MSRP for ours. (I did my absolute best to drive a hard bargain.)

TrueCar only has a little tiny bit of info (when we bought they had not enough data to even plot a price point) but they are indicating that the CX-5 is selling at above MSRP due to it being new and there being limited stock.

New 2013 Mazda CX-5 Price Quote w/ MSRP, Dealer Cost & Invoice

CX-SV 04-08-2012 12:10 PM

Yes you can get CX-5 below MSRP. I did on March 18. That's what it took to close deal as far as I'm concerned. Stock is adequate assuming you are buying only one at a time.

Welcome 1966.

1966 04-08-2012 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by MathewR (Post 127662)
You're obviously not looking in the trim range we bought (we have the Sport Manual) but yes, we paid less than MSRP for ours. (I did my absolute best to drive a hard bargain.)

New 2013 Mazda CX-5 Price Quote w/ MSRP, Dealer Cost & Invoice

I prefer the sport stick trim myself, but the wife wants the next car to be more technologically loaded. The GT AWD with the tech package seems like a good choice. I drive my miata anytime I have the urge to go back to basics.

1966 04-08-2012 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by CX-SV (Post 127682)
Yes you can get CX-5 below MSRP. I did on March 18. That's what it took to close deal as far as I'm concerned. Stock is adequate assuming you are buying only one at a time.

Welcome 1966.

Thanks. I may start out with online quotes from a couple of local dealers.

CX-SV 04-08-2012 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1966 (Post 127696)
I prefer the sport stick trim myself, but the wife wants the next car to be more technologically loaded. The GT AWD with the tech package seems like a good choice. I drive my miata anytime I have the urge to go back to basics.

The GT w/tech pkg has 98% of the luxury equipment of premium brands at a much lower MSRP, it's a good value. It lacks lots of power, but the best in class gas mileage is the result of small 2.0L and advanced engine and auto tranny.

darren wilson 04-30-2012 01:04 PM

It was just announced last week that the CX-5 is tied for 2nd place with the Audi Q7 for the fastest-selling new models in America, right behind the Toyota Prius C.

The dealers i visited last week are selling every one they can get in, and some configurations are particularly constrained. I was told that if i ordered one today, it would be in production in June and delivered in August.

I'm really surprised they're selling below MSRP! With such a hot product, i'm sure they could get full asking price for them.

MathewR 05-01-2012 02:36 AM

According to TrueCar ( New 2013 Mazda CX-5 Price Quote w/ MSRP, Dealer Cost & Invoice ) they're just under MSRP.

"For the base model, the market average price for a new 2013 Mazda CX-5 is trending $59 below the manufacturer's sticker price. For the seven available 2013 Mazda CX-5 trim lines, the average savings is 0.265% below the MSRP."

I bought mine for less than that a month ago. I think that what happened was the very first people to get in (remember, they have only been selling for like two months) were in before the crowds, so to speak.

I think buying one for MSRP is a good deal. I think the price I got was a great one.

darren wilson 05-01-2012 09:26 AM

Agreed. I think when they first arrived, Mazda didn't know that they had a huge hit on their hands. Circumstances are definitely different a couple of months later!

CX-SV 05-01-2012 04:57 PM

Discounts off of MSRP are still given to move floor stock, often the ones left are the well-equipped higher margin Touring and GT's. Around here most dealers have only 2-6 units.

April was 2nd full month of CX-5 sales in US, 3521 units sold.

1966 05-02-2012 03:11 PM

I took my wife to test drive a CX-5 GT this weekend. I like the drive enough but the wife wasn't impressed. It did not help that we were in a loaner 2012 Lexus RX 350 since I had my LS400 serviced. She likes the "feel" of the RX 350 better. For around the $30k price of a CX-5 GT AWD with tech package, I'll be able to get a 2010 RX 350 similarly equipped. Not the gas mileage, though. Perhaps I'll get a used CX-5 in a couple of years.:(

CX-SV 05-02-2012 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1966 (Post 128561)
I took my wife to test drive a CX-5 GT this weekend. I like the drive enough but the wife wasn't impressed. It did not help that we were in a loaner 2012 Lexus RX 350 since I had my LS400 serviced. She likes the "feel" of the RX 350 better. For around the $30k price of a CX-5 GT AWD with tech package, I'll be able to get a 2010 RX 350 similarly equipped. Not the gas mileage, though. Perhaps I'll get a used CX-5 in a couple of years.:(

Yes, the 2010 RX350 is very nice, even if a bit ugly, gas mileage is ok. I've driven it and currently own a Lexus IS. A $30K 2010 used RX350 will have a lot of miles on it (40,000+) and will be a non-CPO vehicle.

1966 05-03-2012 11:08 AM

It is a bit ugly. I tried the "manual" shifter in both the RX350 and the CX-5; I can't see the fun in it. I drove my miata last night and THAT was fun.

CX-SV 05-03-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 1966 (Post 128600)
It is a bit ugly. I tried the "manual" shifter in both the RX350 and the CX-5; I can't see the fun in it. I drove my miata last night and THAT was fun.

Agreed, the Miata is fun (I owned one), until you have to drive in heavy stop and go traffic or take a trip with a weeks worth of luggage.

MathewR 05-04-2012 03:02 AM

Having driven both the Miata and the CX-5 I've got to say that outside of short little trips driving around little windy roads the Miata isn't as nice as the CX-5, and given that I've done some windy roads in the CX-5 and it was a blast (I doubt many people get to test drive on anything like the back roads from Temecula to Palm Springs) I'd much rather have a CX-5.

The ride on a Miata is much more jarring. The CX-5 is relatively gentle. Love the Miata to be sure, but at this point I wouldn't trade my CX-5 for it even if I were single and didn't have kids.

But hey, if people feel differently about the car, that's fine. There are loads of other vehicles out there. :)

darren wilson 05-04-2012 04:46 AM

I had a nice twisty, hilly route all planned out for my test drive, but the guy took me on a lame short little route. It's not like he had much else to do... it was a weekday, and there were NO other customers in the dealership. :(

CX-SV 05-04-2012 03:58 PM

And about that pricing...

The difference between invoice and MSRP is unusually small.

1966 05-07-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by MathewR (Post 128615)
Having driven both the Miata and the CX-5 I've got to say that outside of short little trips driving around little windy roads the Miata isn't as nice as the CX-5, and given that I've done some windy roads in the CX-5 and it was a blast (I doubt many people get to test drive on anything like the back roads from Temecula to Palm Springs) I'd much rather have a CX-5.

The ride on a Miata is much more jarring. The CX-5 is relatively gentle. Love the Miata to be sure, but at this point I wouldn't trade my CX-5 for it even if I were single and didn't have kids.

But hey, if people feel differently about the car, that's fine. There are loads of other vehicles out there. :)

The CX-5 is a better ride, no doubt. I was referring to the feel of the stick shift vs. the automatic "manual" shifter as more fun. I didn't get a chance to drive a CX-5 stick.

MathewR 05-07-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1966 (Post 128720)
The CX-5 is a better ride, no doubt. I was referring to the feel of the stick shift vs. the automatic "manual" shifter as more fun. I didn't get a chance to drive a CX-5 stick.

If you like manual transmissions, the CX-5 is well worth the test drive if you can get the dealer to let you really drive it. That can be problematic of course as some salespeople are very rigid in where they want to go on a drive. But if you can find a bit of road that's not plagued by stoplights and has decent speed limits and some curves that encourage gear changes, it's perfect. :)

They're also often not too easy to find of course, since only like 5% of the CX-5's are outfitted with them.

I personally think that, for people who enjoy the stick, the manual is a fantastic deal. Yes you don't get some of the optional stuff that is nice from the higher trim levels. But the price on the base trim with manual is fabulous (21 and a half as a rough MSRP is super), and the basic options in the CX-5 are not really lacking.

So anyone out there looking at it: don't necessarily let yourself get seduced by the sexy options on the higher trim levels. The price on a manual would leave you with a bunch of room left over to add in accessories (hitch, rack, cargo bay upgrades, etc. all add to the price at the end anyway) and you get a fabulous drive experience! :)

Every time we drive by a vehicle we were considering we have a moment of "ahhh, no regrets" where we smile and talk about how much fun our CX-5 is. :D

Exspeedaway 05-10-2012 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by mffp (Post 128795)
Only a yuppie douche bag would say 40,000 is "a lot" of miles for a high-end quality car.

So, we can all assume you are another chump making more money than he deserves, and has to buy stuff (such as... CARS) to make himself feel good about his otherwise boring, pathetic, average life.

Don't bother replying with your weak lies and banter.

Useless, pointless and irrelevant.

CX-SV 05-10-2012 03:11 PM

Inventory has improved at local dealerships this week, hopefully a little less pricing pressure results.

CX-SV 06-07-2012 07:53 PM

One month later (06/07/12), inventory is down to about zero at most local dealerships.

BClar 06-21-2012 03:46 PM

CX 5 pricing

Originally Posted by 1966 (Post 127659)
I was hoping that the CX-5 would have a red leather interior option to match my 1993 MX-5 LE. The red stitching on the black leather will have to do.

I have not bought a new car since 2001 (Toyota Sequoia) and I would like to know if the CX-5 is selling at MSRP or has anyone bought it below MSRP?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting one soon.

My dealer in Rochester, NY did knock off $400.00 on the GT price of $29300.00

Gary Reed 07-15-2012 01:23 AM

First Price Increase?

I noticed that the posted MSRPs on Mazda's (USA) website have increased by about 300 dollars recently.

MazdaTirol 07-15-2012 02:42 AM

Base model (2.0i Emotion) CX-5 here is equal to $30,590 while the top of the line (CD175 AWD AT Revolution) is $47,110.

CX5Girl 07-23-2012 06:02 PM

I'm not seeing specifics from people.

I bought a Sky Blue FWD Automatic Grand Touring with the following options:
-tech pack
-bumper guard
-wheel locks
-cargo tray
-cargo cover

Basically the works... I think it's missing only like 2 accessories.

$29775 out the door (including CA sales tax which was $2206.92) after a $500 Mazda Loyalty (we have a Mazda as well) and a $1200 trade-in for a base model '97 Nissan Maxima.

I think we did extremely well... some dealers actually laughed at us when we suggested $29700 as an out the door price. We had one dealer say he'd go as low as $29,400, but we didn't feel like driving up to where he was located and I had a hunch it was missing some of the options I wanted or thinking that we meant pre-tax. We had a few dealers laugh and say "we don't give away cars here" and hang up.

For some reason this car was really hard to find in this color. I didn't really need all of those accessories but I'm glad I have them now... especially the bumper guard and cargo tray. Dog hair was much easier to clean up and no scratches on the bumper from their toenails!

MazdaTirol 07-23-2012 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by CX5Girl (Post 130287)
I'm not seeing specifics from people.

I bought a Sky Blue FWD Automatic Grand Touring with the following options:
-tech pack
-bumper guard
-wheel locks
-cargo tray
-cargo cover

Grand Touring does not exist here, I can only give specs for what we have ;)