Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX-5 no heating

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 05:44 PM
Angry AC/Heater not working on CX5 2017 55K miles

Yes, mine stopped working suddenly.. very frustrating indeed.

Old 02-09-2024, 06:44 AM

Heat loss in most vehicles is lack of coolant, bad thermostat or plugged heater core or combination thereof.
Check those first.

Old 02-09-2024, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Heat loss in most vehicles is lack of coolant, bad thermostat or plugged heater core or combination thereof.
Check those first.
No kidding... if half the members on forums gave all the detailed information more would be solved rather than speculated. I really get entertained when a member claims a dealership can't find any given issue like the heater not working.
I don't know about you but in the last couple months the members having problems and posting has exponentially gone up? Not just this forum either. Yet in the shop there is no increase in normal servicing, and I confirmed with our local service group chapter Northern CA that includes several dealerships and they say it business as usual no increases?

Old 02-09-2024, 01:00 PM

It's like when I worked at a computer shop.
Some pet owners kept blaming us for their faulty cooling fans.
I had a tech make a video of me pulling the equivalent of an entire cat (fur wise) out of a computer.
He even videoed me placing the fur in a zip lock bag and dating it.
When I showed them the bag so they could see what can happen.
Yeah, you guessed it, some would say but my cat doesn't have that color fur...

Old 04-12-2024, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by mazdanewby
I’m not sure if this is common or not, but I’ve found that I no longer have any heating in the car, just air con.

I put it into my usual garage and they thought it would be an easy fix and it turns out they can’t really help now. They checked the coolant and replaced the thermostat as the engine wasn’t getting warm enough so 1 problem solved but still no heating.

mazda will plug it in to see if they can find a fault but they’ve given us a price tag of £1400 to fix worse case.

I can’t help but think this will be a common Mazda problem as we’ve already had the turbo go at 30,000 miles (thankfully under guarantee) and they’ll be robbing us! Currently sitting at 61,000 2014 model

any ideas? Thanks
definitely had same prob very expensive mess up by my garage. spoke to Mazda garage in christchurch. its the coolant type. it is now a different one to original so garages put in wrong type of coolant this clogs up the heater coils they have a cheap fix and going to try it out next thursday. They soak the heater coils with citric acid leave it over night drain with use of fish pump unblocks this and then put in correct coolant and no problems sorted all the best trevor