Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX-5 Front splash guards (2016)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 07:45 PM
Default CX-5 Front splash guards (2016)

Has anyone installed them? Still have the instructions? I lost mine. Any advice as how to install? Thanks

Old 11-17-2018, 07:57 AM
Old 11-17-2018, 08:50 AM

THANKS!!!! You're the man!

Old 11-18-2018, 07:51 AM

I got the cheap ones from ebay and they are no drill. Still work fine after 106k miles.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:09 PM

I already have the Factory ones.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:15 PM

I got the rears done after discovering that the instructions were unclear on a significant detail, now I'm trying to do the fronts. At first glance at the instructions (thanks to Conrad 2016.5) and the fender it looked to be much easier than the rears. However, the instructions say to cut out a square (as was necessary for the rears). There is supposed to be a hole in the piece behind the place cut out over which one slides a clip nut (just as one did for the rears). Feeling behind it, it does not seem that there is a hole but, rather a square piece cut out so that there will be no place to slip on the clip nut. I don't want to make the cut and discover that this is the case.

Can anyone help me? Specifically with a 2016.5 because there do seem to be a few minor differences from the 2016 from what the rear instructions show.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:18 AM

i wanted to ask , do the mud guards make much of a difference? can you tell any difference from the front maybe not splashing so much on the doors

Old 11-19-2018, 09:20 AM

Hard to tell since I haven't been able to install them, hence the post above.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:22 AM

well then i guess to the people that have already replied to this thread that said they DO have them installed .

Old 11-19-2018, 06:43 PM
Default 2016.5 Instructions correction

Originally Posted by Leftys7
I got the rears done after discovering that the instructions were unclear on a significant detail, now I'm trying to do the fronts. At first glance at the instructions (thanks to Conrad 2016.5) and the fender it looked to be much easier than the rears. However, the instructions say to cut out a square (as was necessary for the rears). There is supposed to be a hole in the piece behind the place cut out over which one slides a clip nut (just as one did for the rears). Feeling behind it, it does not seem that there is a hole but, rather a square piece cut out so that there will be no place to slip on the clip nut. I don't want to make the cut and discover that this is the case.

Can anyone help me? Specifically with a 2016.5 because there do seem to be a few minor differences from the 2016 from what the rear instructions show.
Figured it out: Do NOT cut out the section shown as the piece behind it has a cut out section that fits around the nut side of the clip nut that you slide over the front piece that the instructions show you should cut.

If I had a do over I would not buy these flaps as they aren't very large and don't look like they'd do much. Others with experience can correct me. I'd only recommend them for the aesthetics if you feel that the rear mud flaps need to be balanced by something in front.

Quick Reply: CX-5 Front splash guards (2016)