Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cx-5 19in wheels load rating

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2023, 11:16 AM
Default Cx-5 19in wheels load rating

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knows the load rating of the wheels from the cx-5? The 19x7.

I was considering them for my cx-90 in the winter but I can’t find the load rating.

anyone know?

thank you!

Old 11-25-2023, 12:38 PM

Welcome to the forum

The best place for accurate information is to look on the back of the wheel for the information.

Old 11-25-2023, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum

The best place for accurate information is to look on the back of the wheel for the information.
I understand. Unfortunately I don’t have the wheels yet but considering buying them, which is why I ask here.

Old 11-25-2023, 02:30 PM

The load rating is generally on the sticker driver's side door frame.
U.S.A. and Canada CX-5 SKYACTIV-G 2.5 Item Weight AWD
GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) 2,143 kg (4,724 lbs.)
GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating)
Front 1,100 kg (2,425 lbs.)
Rear 1,043 kg (2,299 lbs.)
Divide the front axle (heaviest) by 2 and you get 550kg (1212.5 lbs.)
While it is possible Mazda might over engineer the CX-5 wheels, I wouldn't put them on a CX-90 as it has a GVWR of 6,418 or 6,854 pounds depending on which model you get.

Last edited by Lobstah; 11-25-2023 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by zimmyntrn
I understand. Unfortunately, I don’t have the wheels yet but considering buying them, which is why I ask here.
To keep things SAFE.
That is not a normal specification that is generally listed anywhere. You would need someone that has actually looked at their Mazda the same year and model as yours to get the information.
So then what you can do is look at your max GVW divide by 4 and make sure the wheel exceeds that capacity.
Or contact a Mazda dealership and if they happen to have in stock in the parts department replacement wheel for you Mazda may be good enough to go look for you.

Old 11-25-2023, 02:32 PM

LOL Lobstah ....what's that old saying great minds........

Old 11-25-2023, 02:41 PM

LOL Lobstah ....what's that old saying great minds........

I totally understand that the weights are drastically different. Mazda is recommending some M 016 19 in rims but they are severely back ordered.

I am not sure even the cx-9 20s can have sufficient load.

I was hoping someone might know here. I guess I’ll just by some aftermarket wheels from Costco or something.

Old 11-25-2023, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by zimmyntrn
I totally understand that the weights are drastically different. Mazda is recommending some M 016 19 in rims but they are severely back ordered.

I am not sure even the cx-9 20s can have sufficient load.

I was hoping someone might know here. I guess I’ll just by some aftermarket wheels from Costco or something.

If the aftermarket is exactly applicated for your Mazda then you should have no problems. As for the other unfortunately most members on any forum don't know some technical information. So what we suggested is the best way to get a SAFE answer for what you are trying to do.
Answer from anyone like "should be of" or they will work because use " is not the best recommendation when it concerns wheels .

Wheesl can fracture , bend and break if you use them in a situation that exceeds their design capacity.

Old 11-25-2023, 02:49 PM

If the aftermarket is exactly applicated for your Mazda then you should have no problems. As for the other unfortunately most members on any forum don't know some technical information. So what we suggested is the best way to get a SAFE answer for what you are trying to do.
Answer from anyone like "should be of" or they will work because use " is not the best recommendation when it concerns wheels .

Wheesl can fracture , bend and break if you use them in a situation that exceeds their design capacity.

thank you everyone for the response!

i was hoping that Mazda might have over-engineered the wheels.