Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comparing my '18 FWD NA to a '22 AWD Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 08:14 AM
Default Comparing my '18 FWD NA to a '22 AWD Turbo

Owning a '18 Sport NA FWD with the electronic safety package that includes the automatic changing led headlights, which I love, I was expecting that Mazda should have improved both anemic engines toward something more sporty with instant response. Was very disappointed after I test drove a '22 turbo model. Power is not there.
The prior model already looked beautiful and very sporty. One of the best looking SUVs specially in red color, except for the previous models smallish rear lights. There’s nothing esthetically that moves me toward the newer model.
The greatest atribute of the CX5 besides the looks is that is an amazing handling SUV, behaving great on curves like a sporty sedan.
The safety package is also amazing, but its following distance of the automatic cruise control is very long, allowing other cars to cut in front of you.
On the prior model, I don't know about the new one, the digital settings were very slow and seemed old tech.
The almost no inclination of the rear seats on the entry model is not the best for long trips.
I also consider a big mistake that Mazda removed the FWD on the newer '22 model for the warm regions where we don't have presence of winter snow. The AWD, reduces MPG and reduces power, carrying not needed dead weight and possibly increasing the maintenance cost.
I also have noticed that on rainy conditions from a quick start the front jumps repeatedly trying to reach some traction. Maybe needs better wet weather condition tires.

Last edited by Macanhunter; 04-15-2022 at 10:37 AM.