Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking Noise - right front in the cabin

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 04:04 PM
Default Clicking Noise - right front in the cabin

Hi Guys,
I have had a problem with my car for several months (cx-5 KF 2017). When the car is standing in the sun for a long time and it warms up, while driving (most often with air conditioning) you can hear strange clicking noise near the roof and the door on the front right. Sometimes right after starting, sometimes half an hour and sometimes not at all. Have you heard anything like that?

YouTube video

Old 12-07-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by skonek
Hi Guys,
I have had a problem with my car for several months (cx-5 KF 2017). When the car is standing in the sun for a long time and it warms up, while driving (most often with air conditioning) you can hear strange clicking noise near the roof and the door on the front right. Sometimes right after starting, sometimes half an hour and sometimes not at all. Have you heard anything like that?

YouTube video
Could that be parts expanding as they heat up? If so, it should stop after the car is warm for a bit.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by schmieg
Could that be parts expanding as they heat up? If so, it should stop after the car is warm for a bit.
I thought so too, but this noise sometimes lasts for several hours of continuous driving. You can go crazy.
I even removed the dashboard and it was still there. It seems to me that the knocking comes from the windshield pillar (but everything is well tightened, i checked) but because of the acoustics in the car, it can be everything. I also emptied all shelves.
I already lack ideas. In the Mazda workshop, they also do not know where the problem is. Especially that once this noise is present and once it is not there for a few days

Old 12-09-2020, 12:03 PM

Intermittents are the worst kind. I'd spend a little time under the hood around the fire wall or wheel well, maybe a ty-rap wasn't snugged up enough or is missing and temperature/speed is enough to introduce the variance...good luck.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:50 PM
bpk

Hi Guys,

YouTube video
Did you ever find a fix for this? I have the exact same noise and it's driving me crazy. Like yours, it's also strangely intermittent.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Seen issues with under-torqued bolts under the cowl panel.

Old 08-06-2022, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by bpk
Did you ever find a fix for this? I have the exact same noise and it's driving me crazy. Like yours, it's also strangely intermittent.
In my case, it helped to apply silicone oil to metal elements in place no. 3. I took off the gasket from door 1, unfastened element no. 2 and sprayed oil from the bottom in place no. 3.
Probably it is enough to just pull the door seal and insert the can tube through the gap and splash a little.

Old 05-09-2023, 05:51 AM
Default has the same issue

In my case, it helped to apply silicone oil to metal elements in place no. 3. I took off the gasket from door 1, unfastened element no. 2 and sprayed oil from the bottom in place no. 3.
Probably it is enough to just pull the door seal and insert the can tube through the gap and splash a little.

I have the exact same issue in both sides, can you please describe better what to oil and how? a pictures will be appreciated.

Old 05-09-2023, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by RonM
I have the exact same issue in both sides, can you please describe better what to oil and how? a pictures will be appreciated.
Me too! Exact same issue. I'd love to know more about how you fixed it. Thanks.

Old 07-13-2023, 04:56 AM
Default Genius!

brilliant. I followed your advice and pulled back the door seal to spray some silicone oil fairly liberally through the gap, directing it towards 2 and 3. Some leaked out through the join between the two pieces but evaporated after a day or two. The creaking/clicking is now fixed!

Quick Reply: Clicking Noise - right front in the cabin