Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Cannot Connect to Account" Text Message Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Unhappy "Cannot Connect to Account" Text Message Problem

I have a new 2016 CX-5, and this is my first modern car that has bluetooth and can sync text and emails. I've noticed that the text message reading is super slow, and half the time, it won't even show me that it has any texts. It gives an error saying it cannot connect to the account... However, it can still read and view the emails fine. Has anyone else had this problem or know what may be causing it?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by bburney
I have a new 2016 CX-5, and this is my first modern car that has bluetooth and can sync text and emails. I've noticed that the text message reading is super slow, and half the time, it won't even show me that it has any texts. It gives an error saying it cannot connect to the account... However, it can still read and view the emails fine. Has anyone else had this problem or know what may be causing it?
Try deleting the texts from your phone that contain emoji. I have had the same problem with not getting texts to read, won't even download it says, but called Mazda and they confirmed that emoji texts are not supported but I guess it breaks it. Now, it is slow, and you can't read while vehicle is in motion, but see if removing texts with emoji fixes it for you. I guess I'll be figuring out a way to disable emoji in my phone now, but I do have a ticket in, and if enough customers call in and log a complaint, they should fix it. Even if they replace emoji characters with a generic astric or something, at least I would be able to read the text!