Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Brain dead nav?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Default Brain dead nav?

i have a 2016 CX5 purchased in January this year. I used the nav on long trips twice and it's TERRIBLE! It routinely takes me on a path that adds 30 minutes to an hour to the trip as compared with Apple's Maps app on my phone. On one trip it was telling me to make a turn where there was no street at all. This was in the Philadelphia area, so it wasn't like in some podunk town that had no satellite access. It couldn't have even been an old map because there were older houses where it was telling me to turn. If not for Apple's Maps app I might still be driving in circles. I now use the Maps app to get me to the basic route (like a major interstate or highway) then use the Mazda nav from there. I can't believe I actually paid extra money for this PoS s/w!

Old 07-24-2016, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

A: Have you updated the maps since purchase?
B: Have you been back to Mazda for the latest MZD software update? V56.00.513

Old 07-24-2016, 06:03 PM

No, haven't updated. You'd think it would be accurate to some degree without an update, however. These roads have existed for a long time! Is there a charge to update s/w and maps?

Old 07-24-2016, 06:16 PM

No, haven't updated. You'd think it would be accurate to some degree without an update, however. These roads have existed for a long time! Is there a charge to update s/w and maps?

Old 07-25-2016, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

There has been pages & pages of problems related to software issues, Im not saying it will fix your frustrating problems, but its a good place to start.