Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Is anyone able to connect Android to USB

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Default Is anyone able to connect Android to USB

I tried connecting my android phone using the USB but the car system does not detect my phone. Does anyone else have the same problem or is the USB interface only for iphones?

Old 12-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Default 2013 CX9 USB does not connect to Android on Samsung Note 2

I have similar problem. I am still not able to connect USB to android. However, here is some information on how I resolved my bluetooth problems.

Just bought 2013 CX9. My salesman found that its USB does not connect to Android on Samsung Note 2.
At first I was not able to connect my Android 4.1.2 Bluetooth to my new CX9. I mean, it would pair and connect. Audio would pretend to play the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out. I solved it by upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.3 version of Android.
My phone on CX9 connects fine via Bluetooth to Samsung Note 2 running on 4.1.2 android and 4.3.
However, I am not able to get USB to work, nor am I am to get Pandora to work via Bluetooth.

=====

At first I was not able to connect my Android 4.1.2 Bluetooth to my new Mazda SUV CX9. I mean, it would pair and connect. Audio would pretend to play the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out. I solved it by upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.3 version of Android. However I had to boot my phone to "SAFE MODE" to get Mazda to automatically play songs from my Note2. If I do not run in SAFE MODE, I get the message "cannot playback bluetooth device while acquiring phone data". My Mazda dashboard would show that it is playing the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out from my Mazda stereo. My Note 2 will play music via earphone (not speakers) and there is no way to get my phone to play music via Note2 speaker again - I had to reboot my phone.

I stopped all my apps using "Advanced Task Killer". that did not work.
I found out that I had to uninstall my phone apps called Talkatone. It was trying to download data into my Mazda's contact list, which stops my car radio from playing

ps. When not in SAFE MODE, ie. in normal MODE, My phone on CX9 connects fine via Bluetooth to Samsung Note 2 running on 4.1.2 android and 4.3.

Anyone solved this problem?

Last edited by ihot; 01-05-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:16 AM

iHot, read your experience with interest. My problem with Pandora on this 2014 CX5 is that at first, it took ages to connect, but finally began playing; but now, after many screens displaying 'connecting', or 'searching', or demanding a reset of Bluetooth protocols, it simply refuses to hook up to this ZTE Tracfone.

Do you have any suggestions, other than forking out $$$ for Sirius?

Old 06-07-2014, 11:30 AM

This Mazda Bluetooth site allows you to plug in your carrier, manufacturer and phone model to determine compatibility. My Verizon Samsung S4 does NOT have USB connectivity with the CX-5.

Another annoying feature is my contacts list downloads every time the phone connects via Bluetooth - delaying the connection process by a minute or two. Someone in another forum said try to delete the phone profile then add it back again.

EDIT: Contrary to the Mazda Bluetooth site, my Samsung S4 does charge when connected to the vehicle USB port. No music throughput though...

Last edited by Pipemajor; 06-07-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Default Got my Samsung Note2 to connect via Bluetooth on CX9

Originally Posted by purbrookian
iHot, read your experience with interest. My problem with Pandora on this 2014 CX5 is that at first, it took ages to connect, but finally began playing; but now, after many screens displaying 'connecting', or 'searching', or demanding a reset of Bluetooth protocols, it simply refuses to hook up to this ZTE Tracfone.

Do you have any suggestions, other than forking out $$$ for Sirius?
I Got my Samsung Note2 connecting via Bluetooth on CX9 - after I updated to the latest version of Android around March 2014.
There were only 3 steps I had to take - but I am not actively using bluetooth anymore - even on long road trips - b/c it sucks up my battery juice. I listen to songs from my Samsung Note 2 external speakers now, because most of my road trips are less than 20 mins.

I don't use "phone" option as well - so it does not download my phone's address book.
I also use a dedicated USB flash drive - permanently connected to my CX9 - I play music from it.