Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any new tech expected for 2020?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Default Any new tech expected for 2020?

I anticipate switching from my Audi A4 sedan to a compact SUV around the end of 2019.
Lots of options. The CX-5 Signature seems really attractive BUT the half-a$$ed screen and tech seem underwhelming.
Does anyone anticipate any significant tech improvements in the 2020 model year?

Old 07-17-2019, 06:40 PM

Don't know if any new tech is coming though with standard Apple Carplay and Android Auto integration it won't matter IMO.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

MZD Connect will be around for a while yet

Old 07-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Default I hope not!

I am all for the latest technology and am happy with the direction of Mazda. Mazda’s approach is to focus on driving dynamics and vehicle safety. They are not focusing on the screens and other technologies that are secondary to driving and safety.

When you watch a review of a new BMW, Audi or Mercedes, the greatest praise is technology. When you watch a review of a new Honda or Toyota, the greatest praise is their practicality. When you watch a review of a new Mazda, the greatest praise is how they drive.

Mazdas are not for everyone. I understand the appeal of technology. The world has far too many overcrowded highways and too few winding back roads.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 AM

????????????????

Old 07-18-2019, 12:14 PM

Other than the long boot-up time, I feel the infotech system is perfectly fine. I do lean toward Carplay and Waze most often, but the Mazda Nav system works fine, especially with how it projects onto the heads up display.

Originally Posted by Londonlad
I anticipate switching from my Audi A4 sedan to a compact SUV around the end of 2019.
Lots of options. The CX-5 Signature seems really attractive BUT the half-a$$ed screen and tech seem underwhelming.
Does anyone anticipate any significant tech improvements in the 2020 model year?

Old 08-01-2019, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
I am all for the latest technology and am happy with the direction of Mazda. Mazda’s approach is to focus on driving dynamics and vehicle safety. They are not focusing on the screens and other technologies that are secondary to driving and safety.

When you watch a review of a new BMW, Audi or Mercedes, the greatest praise is technology. When you watch a review of a new Honda or Toyota, the greatest praise is their practicality. When you watch a review of a new Mazda, the greatest praise is how they drive.

Mazdas are not for everyone. I understand the appeal of technology. The world has far too many overcrowded highways and too few winding back roads.
Well said. BMWs cost a fortune to maintain, are difficult to work on (requires proprietary tools instead of a socket set like a Mazda or Toyota), but it does have Amazon Alexa.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:50 PM

Yep! Mazda has a FAR better reliability record than ANY German compact SUV, regardless of price class. They don't call it "B M Troubleyou" for no reason.
And really, would you trust a VW Tiguan not to break down during the first 5 years??
I'll take a Signature or GT Reserve over any of the German subcompact SUVs. Now a Lexus or Acura is a different story.

Eric B.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:43 PM

FWIW, we switched from a 2012 VW Tiguan to the 2018 CX-5 since the Tiguan started to have issues with the heater and the automatic transmission. But otherwise, the handling and the power of the 2.0 turbo engine of the Tiguan was pretty good. It had the same zoom-zoom feel like the CX-5.