Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Any mud flaps installation instructions for Mazda cx-5

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Default Any mud flaps installation instructions for Mazda cx-5

Hi guys,
Bought Mazda cx-5 few days ago. Love it !!!
Ordered mud flaps - they came without instructions and I cannot find them on the internet. Do not want to "ruin" a brand new car
Any idea where to get them?

Old 10-03-2014, 08:04 AM
Old 10-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Old 10-03-2014, 10:00 AM

Thank you Reggaetrix.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:21 AM

Completely transparent without instructions. They each only line up with one individual wheel well.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Maineiac
Completely transparent without instructions. They each only line up with one individual wheel well.
You are absolutely right...if you buy original Mazda flaps which cost $ 125.

But... my $47 splash guards came from China (very nice front and rear flaps, by the way) with screws only which, when installed, still may have a chance to become loose (because of constant vibration), to fell out and to puncture tires: mine or somebody's else....

And though "no drilling" was advertised, I still had to drill holes ... though in plastic parts :-)

Thus, having instructions at hand was essential to find out and to buy proper hardware, including push-in rivets ...as Mazda originals did not fit anymore: the thickness of the newly installed mud flaps demanded extra mm.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by blacksmith
You are absolutely right...if you buy original Mazda flaps which cost $ 125.

But... my $47 splash guards came from China (very nice front and rear flaps, by the way) with screws only which, when installed, still may have a chance to become loose (because of constant vibration), to fell out and to puncture tires: mine or somebody's else....

And though "no drilling" was advertised, I still had to drill holes ... though in plastic parts :-)

Thus, having instructions at hand was essential to find out and to buy proper hardware, including push-in rivets ...as Mazda originals did not fit anymore: the thickness of the newly installed mud flaps demanded extra mm.

I also got mine from China. The existing clips fit all but the top holes and those were sheet metal screws with built in washers. They haven't budged in 10K miles but they did start to rust and I had to treat them with a touch of rust preventer,

Old 10-09-2014, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Maineiac
I also got mine from China. The existing clips fit all but the top holes and those were sheet metal screws with built in washers. They haven't budged in 10K miles but they did start to rust and I had to treat them with a touch of rust preventer,
Looks like we had mud guards from different Chinese manufacturers. I put aside sheet metal screws that came with the order and attached flaps with stainless steel bolts/nuts and used longer rivets for middle holes in frond splash guards. Hope this stainless steel does not rust :-)

Do you think your flaps do their job well or it would be better to install longer and wider ones? - I have 1200 miles ... with no rain and mud till now :-)