Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Mazda CX-5 improvements

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
"we hit a blinding rain squall and within seconds the fwy had several inches of rain and in sport with elevated rpms it stuck like glue as I threw a hydrofoil-like wake and powered thru it -pretty dang amazing the AWD i-active sense when its put to the test -There was no other vehicle even close to keeping up"

I would not advise anyone to drive in Sport mode in several inches of rain.
You would be risking your life and your passengers along with those drivers around.
Good drivers know to slow down when conditions require not speed up.
Yes - What qualifications do you have to dispense driving advice ? My guess none -
- Regardless maintaining a constant speed with higher rpms - say going 45 in 6th gear at 1800 rpms does not provide the same control that going 45 im 4th gear at 2800 rpms does ( sport holds the rpms up ) and I have extensive professional driving experience - so thanks mom -and im quite certain you would not be in my car -
Backseat drivers cause more accidents than all other interior distractions combined - You still have that Mazda GLC ? I liked those
- ZOOM F-ING ZOOM -
Have a great labor day weekend !

Old 09-03-2023, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by retread888
Yes - What qualifications do you have to dispense driving advice ? My guess none -
- Regardless maintaining a constant speed with higher rpms - say going 45 in 6th gear at 1800 rpms does not provide the same control that going 45 im 4th gear at 2800 rpms does ( sport holds the rpms up ) and I have extensive professional driving experience - so thanks mom -and im quite certain you would not be in my car -
Backseat drivers cause more accidents than all other interior distractions combined -
My suggestion is at least considering to look into a subject before posting some of your information?
I hate to ask but out of curiosity what "extensive professional driving experience."

Last edited by Callisto; 09-03-2023 at 01:38 PM. Reason: I had to change it up so as not see the bs responses.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:17 PM

I have extensive professional driving experience - so thanks mom -and im quite certain you would not be in my car -
And yet you list none.
Smart drivers, especially professional ones, know enough to match their speed with the road conditions.
Most states reduced speed limits in adverse weather that effects road conditions.
Not certain why you feel the need for juvenile sarcasm, it indicates no sign of professionalism at all.

Old 09-03-2023, 03:49 PM

Good luck with the forum - happy labor day !

Old 09-03-2023, 10:10 PM

Good luck with the forum - happy labor day !
This forum does fine and will continue to be the best information source of factual experienced and empirical information second to no other Mazda forum covers the same model currently on the www.

We would hate to see you go but you won't be missed.