Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Nav Input Address vis MAZDA CONNECT

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 08:05 AM
Default 2021 Nav Input Address vis MAZDA CONNECT

I pick up my 2021 GT AWD PP on Tuesday. I have read a lot of disappointment that the new Infotainment screen is not a touchscreen, particularly given the tedious nature of entering a navigation address. But I also read that the MAZDA CONNECT app will allow search on your phone for an address which can then be sent to the car's nav with the push of a virtual button on the app. Anyone have experience with this to share? Sounds like a solution.

Old 11-20-2021, 09:57 AM

I just walked through doing that on the app; looks like it sends a POI to the nav system. I haven't been out to the car yet to verify it worked, but will update this post when I do.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:06 AM
Default Poi

Thanks! Dumb question: is a POI only a business/enterprise with a commercial name, or is somebody's home address also a POI? I would want to to look up homes as well as restaurants and tourist sites.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by bobbymac5
Thanks! Dumb question: is a POI only a business/enterprise with a commercial name, or is somebody's home address also a POI? I would want to to look up homes as well as restaurants and tourist sites.
Just tried it with a residential address, and it also sent it to the car as a POI.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:27 AM

Great! Thanks!

Old 11-20-2021, 10:35 AM

Update: When I got out to the car, the nav system started up automatically, and asked if I wanted to navigate to the two POI's I had sent (via the app) earlier. Looks like it works!

Old 11-20-2021, 12:31 PM
Default Compensation

Well, to me that is adequate compensation for the loss of the touchscreen! Excellent!

Old 11-21-2021, 12:24 PM

I had no idea I could do that from Mazda Connect. I had seen the map view on the app but never realized that it allows you to send an address to the car's nav.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:39 AM
Default Yes but can you SEARCH that address and find it in Favorites?

Originally Posted by Morbus
Update: When I got out to the car, the nav system started up automatically, and asked if I wanted to navigate to the two POI's I had sent (via the app) earlier. Looks like it works!
i can do that but i cannot find the sent address in search of favourites. Can you find yours?

Old 01-18-2022, 08:07 AM
Default In Recent Destinations

I don't think it would automatically make the new destination a favorite, but if you navigate to it, it should appear in Recent Destinations (or whatever that is called, I have not been in the car since reading this), and from there, you could make it a favorite.

Quick Reply: 2021 Nav Input Address vis MAZDA CONNECT