Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 CX-5 Service/Shop manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Default 2021 CX-5 Service/Shop manual

I'd probably be fine with a 2019-2020. Any sources? Doesn't have to be free. Can't find one in any format from any source anywhere. Thanks.

Old 07-09-2022, 05:59 AM
Old 07-09-2022, 08:19 AM

Thank You, Lobstah. The EBay item is useless - ordered, received and returned. The mcx5.org looks like what I've been looking for.

Old 07-09-2022, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by daven
Thank You, Lobstah. The EBay item is useless - ordered, received and returned. The mcx5.org looks like what I've been looking for.
You didn't list your vehicle model, but if the engine is the 2.5L CD, then the current mcx5.org doc is not going to help you in many instances, and might actually send you in the wrong direction on some subjects. And, unless something has showed up recently that I'm not aware of, there's nothing currently on the market which covers the many CD changes, either downloadable or a free site such as mcx5.org.

If you're willing to do some grunt work, you could pay for a short-term subscription to mazdaserviceinfo.com ($$$ at $30/day), or one of the third party outfits such as ALLDATA or MITCHELL, which offer lower cost DIY subscriptions. Once you're into the site, you can copy as many individual pages or blocks of information as you're willing to do. Tedious work, but can accomplish what you're looking for. Or you could just wait, and hope that a CD-updated version of mcx5.org will eventually show up.

Old 07-09-2022, 01:37 PM

Sorry. 2021 CX-5 Touring 2.5 NA. Figured a shop manual would cover all variations.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by daven
Sorry. 2021 CX-5 Touring 2.5 NA. Figured a shop manual would cover all variations.
Yes, the sites I posted above would have the doc for your vehicle.

Old 07-11-2022, 10:07 AM

Any of the eBay sellers touting service manuals for 2106 - 2050 model years are full of it. They are 2016 manuals and will not cover all of the systems in a 2020+ CX-5. I have yet to find a manual that covers the 360 camera, 10" infotainment system or other items on the 2021 model I have.

Old 07-19-2022, 04:32 PM
Default eBay Service Manual

TOTALLY WORTHLESS. Do not buy the eBay CD
unless you have a 2018 & nothing else.

Old 07-17-2023, 12:32 PM
MM8

I just looked up mcx5.org and went straight to transmission service in the drivetrain section.
I know this from other sources; to check the transmission fluid level the airbox has to be removed to access the dipstick - not listed in mxc5. A scan tool has to be connected to the OBDII port to access transmission temperature, which has to be 150 degrees F, with the engine running and the car in park, in order to get an accurate level reading - none of that was listed on mxc5 either.
Personally, I wouldn't depend on mxc5 for complete service and repair information.

Old 07-17-2023, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by MM8
I just looked up mcx5.org and went straight to transmission service in the drivetrain section.
I know this from other sources; to check the transmission fluid level the airbox has to be removed to access the dipstick - not listed in mxc5. A scan tool has to be connected to the OBDII port to access transmission temperature, which has to be 150 degrees F, with the engine running and the car in park, in order to get an accurate level reading - none of that was listed on mxc5 either.
Personally, I wouldn't depend on mxc5 for complete service and repair information.
Welcome to the forum
Your post some what reads like a member on that other MAZDA forum LOL
Basically, like that other member if you have not actually done the service procedure then why post what you think the time will be to do it and also the finer details of that service .

\MAZDA has indicated with many of its newer model that basic fluid serving or any services at all is not needed? This can be very subjective if you have done enough MADZA ATF filter/pan and fluid services to see that things do accumulate that are not in the best long-term trouble-free transmission life. Also countless *ATF oil analysis confirms that basic services of the fluid will at least keep or reduce the varnish formation and also remove the normal particles that build up over the service life of most all automatic transmissions.
The transmission temperature only needs to reach the same as the normal indicated coolant temperature on the dashboard. This is often misunderstood on forums and this service procedure while listed is not needed if you simply reach the normal coolant temperature. If you do not have a coolant temperature gauge then simply driving the MAZDA for 5-10 will bring it up to closed loop operation and you can check you fluid. Or if you place the car iin any gear with emergency brake on and let it idle for about 5-10 minutes. naturally during winter months or cold operating environment's common sense when consider the to operating temperatures should consider.
All in all the expansion of ATF measuring on a the transmission dip stick is less then3/16 of an inch in any case. So if you are in the operating fluid level above the lower line or slightly below the top line just like the engine oil you are well withing the specified and engineered fluid level for safe operation.
Removing the air intake filter box and associated parts takes about 15-20 minutes the first time and after you are accustomed to how it is removed the R&R time is about 10 minutes for future service.

Oh and for some that are not large humans while it is a PIA and somewhat akward if you have the MAZDA up on ramps or a hoist you can reach the dipstick and do fluid checking without having to remove the air filter encloser.

As for factory service guides for the most part if you find Skyactiv engine and transmission for gas engines most all the years of those production to present basic service information for services guides is the same.

*Transmission | Blackstone Laboratories (blackstone-labs.com)

ASE

Quick Reply: 2021 CX-5 Service/Shop manual