Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 CX-5 Carbon : Headlight Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 02:00 PM
Question 2021 CX-5 Carbon : Headlight Issues

Randomly the left headlight went out when the temperature dropped to around 28F. When I started it again it strobed for about 2-3 seconds and went out. There are 2 headlight errors on the dash. The fans and high-beam relays are still working, just not the light. The next day the light no longer flashes and the dash errors are on the second it starts. Other than going to the dealer, I want to use this as a learning exercise so I was wondering if there is any way to reset the systems that would cause this. I think it might be moisture related and I've dried it out over the past few days.

I'm tempted to unplug / plug the fuses for the lights and the control modules but I don't want to cause more problems either. I have one of those endoscopes you connect to an ipad so I fished that around and all the wiring harnesses and control modules look brand new still. Nothing obvious stood out as the cause. I'm a systems engineer so I'm naturally curious about how I would run diagnostics on the CAN bus and glean any useful information or even interact with it if that's possible. I'm always a fan of a quick fix before having to bring it in. Thanks in advance!

I've attached a video clip I cut out from my dashcam of it strobing and the dash errors.

Attached Files