Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2021 CX-5 Carbon Edition info

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 11:48 PM
Default 2021 CX-5 Carbon Edition info

In reading about the 2021 CX-5 it appears it will yet again get a larger infotainment screen - now 10.3" on all models according to Motor Trend. Another interesting item was the Carbon Edition with be available with NA and Turbo motors. With the price they listed - $31,760 for the turbo model - I assume it will be FWD. This would be the first time the turbo was not paired with AWD. It will be interesting to see what exactly the Carbon has included as its price with the turbo is only $200 more than the GT FWD with its 2.5 NA motor. I would have to assume the Carbon won't have all the goodies you get with the GT at the bargain basement price for a 2.5T motor.

Last edited by chickdr19; 09-05-2020 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:15 AM

Here is more information on the Carbon Edition...

Old 09-06-2020, 04:13 PM

I would love to see a more definitive listing of what the package includes. Does it have all the fun stuff the GT with Premium package has? The guy in the video said they were placing orders in June but I have not seen a spec sheet anywhere showing what you get for the prices listed.

Old 11-28-2020, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
I would love to see a more definitive listing of what the package includes. Does it have all the fun stuff the GT with Premium package has? The guy in the video said they were placing orders in June but I have not seen a spec sheet anywhere showing what you get for the prices listed.
Short answer no it does NOT have the following that are included in the GT:

No moon roof
No Nav system
No heated side mirrors, but power side mirrors is listed as included. Perhaps this is also an accidental omission.
No auto-dimming mirror NOTE- this is currently not even listed in "accessories" when building the vehicle on mazda usa.

I have a Turbo CE on reserve currently scheduled for early Dec build and arrival in January or perhaps early Feb. I hope the auto dimming mirror omission is a mistake, as I've come to appreciate it more in night driving at my older age. After all it's a dealer add-on and I can't imagine it WOULDN'T be available on the carbon edition (or included, but left out of specs)

Old 12-01-2020, 04:12 PM
Default Udate of my post above

Originally Posted by kinks45

No moon roof
No Nav system
No heated side mirrors, but power side mirrors is listed as included. Perhaps this is also an accidental omission.
No auto-dimming mirror NOTE- this is currently not even listed in "accessories" when building the vehicle on mazda usa.

I have a Turbo CE on reserve currently scheduled for early Dec build and arrival in January or perhaps early Feb. I hope the auto dimming mirror omission is a mistake, as I've come to appreciate it more in night driving at my older age. After all it's a dealer add-on and I can't imagine it WOULDN'T be available on the carbon edition (or included, but left out of specs)
I went to my local dealer website to view the window sticker for a non turbo CE (can't do this on mazda usa anymore).

Moonroof is included on CE
Auto dimming rear view mirror included on the CE

Both the mazda usa inventory and build apps need to be updated by mazda to properly reflect the above. Actually shocked the mazda usa site is incorrect...really sloppy, imo

Old 12-01-2020, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by kinks45

No moon roof
No Nav system

If it doesn't come with that mirror and Mazda won't add it, you can do it yourself. Mazda told me that they couldn't install one with Homelink on my MX5 Club even though the GT came with one. Turns out, Mazda uses Gentex mirrors which you can get online or order at parts stores and custom shops. The price depends on how much you want on it (autodimming, Homelink, compass, temperature, etc.). Just make sure that the size of what you get is close to the space you have.

If Mazda doesn't include the wiring on all models, it requires a battery connection, an ignition connection and a ground.

Old 11-11-2021, 06:47 PM

The dimming mirror is include in the CE.