Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2018 Infotainment Screen Protector

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Default 2018 Infotainment Screen Protector

Hello picked up new CX-5 in Machine Grey and already see fingerprints on the infotainment screen. Has anyone out there found a good source for a cell phone style clear cover to keep prints off the actual screen, perhaps with one of those oleophobic coatings to stay cleaner.

A second question on the HUD , the actual speed display looks fairly level but the extra items like speed limit and the line below them appear to be at a slight downward angle... is this normal or should I ask for the dealer to look at this during first service.

Thanks ,

Pat

Old 02-09-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by pricha00
Hello picked up new CX-5 in Machine Grey and already see fingerprints on the infotainment screen. Has anyone out there found a good source for a cell phone style clear cover to keep prints off the actual screen, perhaps with one of those oleophobic coatings to stay cleaner.

A second question on the HUD , the actual speed display looks fairly level but the extra items like speed limit and the line below them appear to be at a slight downward angle... is this normal or should I ask for the dealer to look at this during first service.

Thanks ,

Pat
For the HUD display, there are settings you can adjust like the level/height of the display and brightness. Check under the settings.

Old 02-10-2018, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
For the HUD display, there are settings you can adjust like the level/height of the display and brightness. Check under the settings.
Wow , thanks I will look at that ... I know about the height setting but did not notice any type of level adjustment.

Pat

Old 02-10-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by pricha00

Thanks ,

Pat
I got one of the anti-glare versions of the Nusheld systems for my MX5 and it works pretty well. It can be removed, cleaned and reinstalled as well.

https://www.nushield.com/GPS-device-...een-protection

Old 02-10-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
I got one of the anti-glare versions of the Nusheld systems for my MX5 and it works pretty well. It can be removed, cleaned and reinstalled as well.

https://www.nushield.com/GPS-device-...een-protection
Thanks very much , I will look into that one !!!

Pat

Old 02-11-2018, 07:44 AM