Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Sourcing TTY bolts : Australia

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 01:25 AM
Default Sourcing TTY bolts : Australia

Accepting that my 3.0 diesel engine in a 2008 year BT50 uses Torque to Yield bolts for cylinder head, main bearings and Con-Rod bearings I am looking for replacements.
There are so many offerings of complete cylinder heads, gasket and seal sets that come with new cylinder head bolts. All of these are from "after-market" manufacturers and/or suppliers. (Mazda Australia has stock of genuine bolts at a reasonable cost)
That gets me wondering just how the non genuine bolts might match up in quality to OEM supply.
Then I move on to connecting rod bolts: Mazda have no stock in Australia and if they did they would be 3 times the price of the 1 set I have located at an independant diesel engine parts supplier.
Of course I have no way of knowing if they might match OEM in quality.
Then we come to main bearing cap bolts: I cannot find any parts supplier in Australia who stocks these but have yet to ask Mazda.but given that they do not have con-rod bolts I suspect that they will not stock these.
I then start to wonder about the reconditioned engines that I see advertised by many different recon shops.
Where are they getting all of the bolts and are they in fact changing main and con-rod bolts?
Can anyone give e a supplier of main bearing cap bolts?

Old 07-30-2023, 10:59 PM

You might want to check with a quality bolt manufacturer like ARP......

https://arp-bolts.com/