Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Kia fe3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 01:57 PM
Default Kia fe3 swap

Hey everybody, im doing the fe3 swap on my 89 b2200 and had most of the info i needed but those websites closed down,moved or got renamed but i don’t have all the info i need to get this done now. I need the measurement on the trans for the crank position sensor and some wiring help would be great, i have wiring diagrams for both models and all wiring,sensors and ecu for the fe3 but i cant seem to figure out from paper what i need.

Old 10-13-2020, 02:32 PM

The last guys I saw do this swap have a bunch of (crappy) videos on youtube. Feel free to contact them through youtube if you have any questions.

Old 10-13-2020, 02:54 PM
Default Kia fe3 swap

Yeah i had watched all their videos before starting the swap but he doesn’t have any of that info either.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bagit’n’dragit
Yeah i had watched all their videos before starting the swap but he doesn’t have any of that info either.
I told you they were crappy.

It's still worth a shot to ask him a question through one of his videos. He just might answer. I remember him asking a crap ton of questions on mazdatrucking.com, which of course as you know is gone.

There's also Facebook (recommended).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mazdaminitrucking/

It's a private group though, so you'll have to have a Facebook account and request to be added to the group. It is very active. If you don't have a Facebook account but want to stay anonymous, you can register with a pseudonym. Good luck.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:39 PM
Default Kia fe3 swap

Well not crappy videos because he does have some info needed but did skip over the important details, i could have sworn he had those measurements in the video but nope, even in the comments somebody else asked about those same details but he said he didn’t remember. I did find another video on youtube that has a great breakdown on the wiring side of it,Silent Dawn is the name of the channel and its like a 2hr video but very informative. For anybody asking about the clearance with the hood, JUST BARELY does it fit, i think i need new rubber mounts but it is just about touching the oil pan on the crossmember and there is about 1/16” on top from the hood, pretty tight so i will just clearance the section of bracing on the hood to clear a little more.

Old 10-14-2020, 04:07 PM

IIRC, Silent Dawn was the first person to do this swap and write up a very detailed how-to on mazdatrucking.com. Silent Dawn has posted about this swap on streetsource.com, which used to be called mazdabscene.com.

Old 10-14-2020, 06:02 PM
Default Kia fe3 swap

JFC i just spent about 2hrs going through the mazda posts and can’t find any info on it except others asking about it also, also tried to register and it just says i already have an acct. there so went to retrieve a password and it hasn’t sent anything to me( already checked junk and spam folders) so i cant do anything with that site unless you personally know somebody there that i can get ahold of not through that site.

Old 10-14-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bagit’n’dragit
JFC i just spent about 2hrs going through the mazda posts and can’t find any info on it except others asking about it also, also tried to register and it just says i already have an acct. there so went to retrieve a password and it hasn’t sent anything to me( already checked junk and spam folders) so i cant do anything with that site unless you personally know somebody there that i can get ahold of not through that site.
Try here instead.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/330830643749580/

Old 10-15-2020, 08:26 AM

Are you using th Mazda B2200 oil pan and plate? That is recommended to get iti to fit right. Also there is this video on how to drill the transmission in order to get the crank sensor in there. I was asked by Cusser to try and help you, but honestly although I have done two of these swaps very successfully? I cannot member how I dun 'em. AGggghhh!!!

Last edited by applianceguy; 10-15-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:26 AM
Default Kia fe3 swap

Yeah I’ve seen all those videos and they don't have the measurements for the hole placement, i should have taken it off the kia trans but didn't think i was gonna run into things such as an important mazda website closing down. Yes, using the mazda oil pan and pickup tube.

Quick Reply: Kia fe3 swap