Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

The turbonator...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Default The turbonator...

Hey has anyone here used the torbonator?? and does it really work?? http://www.turbonator.com/index.html

Old 03-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Default RE: The turbonator...

i'm pretty sure the turbonator does not work... it's just one of those gimmicks that a company makes to sell to the general public for cheap to make a ton of money.

i mean, who wouldn't want to buy a great product for dirt cheap that performs so well? that's how they get you. trust in that product is very slim for me.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:52 PM

I don't believe it for a second. If it was so cheap and effective, then every auto manufacturer would make them standard on all vehicles to increase their mileage to meet CAFE standards.

31% mileage increases??? I mean.....come on...35% power increases? They are dreaming.

Despite what they say these are nothing like a super/turbo charger. As fas as I can tell, the only thing the turbonator does is reduce the cross-sectional area of the intake resulting in less area available for airflow. (Not a good thing.)

I think I'd have to see a live dyno demonstration to believe it.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:33 PM

agreed... just one of those "get rich quick" scams

Old 03-30-2006, 08:57 PM

One word... "JUNK"

[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 03-30-2006, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

If it was so cheap and effective, then every auto manufacturer would make them standard on all vehicles to increase their mileage to meet CAFE standards.
Exactly!

Old 03-30-2006, 10:10 PM

and the worse part, you'd probably tell yourself it's adding power enough ot believe it yourself, even having driven a car with it.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:11 PM

And one more thing, with a name like "turbonator"...just don't sound right. Sounds like a cross between a turbo and an alternator.
[sm=bs.gif]

Old 04-15-2006, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure
I think I'd have to see a live dyno demonstration to believe it.
Actually I wouldn't even believe seeing a dyno demonstration unless I set it up and ran it myself. Dynos have correction factors to compensate for temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc.... Someone good with a dyno could run the same engine twice without doing any modifications at all and make you believe that it was making 10-20 hp more on the second run right in front of your eyes just with a slip of a keystroke. I've seen it done.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

and the worse part, you'd probably tell yourself it's adding power enough ot believe it yourself, even having driven a car with it.

it's all a mental game... you think you are getting better performance but in reality you cannot really tell the true difference, whether good or bad. in this case, bad. creating turbulence in the air flow makes it choppy and inconsistent, not to mention that the object takes up space therefore not allowing all of the true potential air to enter your engine.

Quick Reply: The turbonator...