Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

too many problems to list lmao

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Default too many problems to list lmao

I have a huuuuuuuuuuge problem with my 323, well back in the summer i tried to change the spark plugs on my car, but the last spark plug broke and so i started taking the engine apart to bring just the head to my mechanic to fix it for me... so id id.. when putting everything back i dont know what i could have done wrong but now my engine is REALLLLLLLLY LOUD.. like the pistons are moving super duper quick and i dont know why ... but its an awkward sound.. ill try and get a sound clip and post it for u guys to hear and maybe refer the problem out to me .. unless my description was good enough....

another problem i have is i need new brakes and i need to get them bleeded as well.. how much does it cost to get them bleeded? .. now once those problems are out of the way i need a new clutch, a short shifter, **** i have a lot of problems lmao .. i think first ill figure them out write out a list then post back but for now those are my problems.. main one is the engine sound as im scared to drive it like that cuz when i hit the acceleration the noise gets EVEN louder ..

Old 04-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Default RE: too many problems to list lmao

If the engine seems to be running OK, just loud, you might just have an exhaust leak where the exhaust manifold mounts to the head. I used Kopper Kote, a high temp sealer, on both sides the gasket. If it's that loud, you could probably hear where the leak is coming from, it that is the problem. Or feel the exhaust leaking if you move your hand around the gasket. I could also be a leak around the head gasket. Either might be the result of not torquing the head or manifold in steps and in sequence. (Sorry, I don't know your experience. These would be my first thoughts.)

Jeff

Old 04-04-2008, 03:34 PM

i have very litle experience... and when me and my bro put it together we followed the book step by step.. but it could be the torquing cuz it seems reasonable.. the seals are fine we messed up the first time we were leaking on the gaskets and everywhere it was a mess so we fixed that but the sound is stiill there so im assuming its torquing if it is... but that helped me alot.. ill try re torquing it or something..

Old 04-04-2008, 03:54 PM

*update*

my brother told me that its not recieving any oil.. itgs torqued properly and wahtever but there is no oil going to the valves.. he said he opened the valve cover and there was no oil gtting to them.... how could that be fixed

Old 04-04-2008, 04:11 PM

I know that on at least one head gasket I replaced, the gasket was not exactly symmetric. I don't know if this is the case with yours. In this case, there was only one correct way to put on the gasket. If you put it on upside down or rotated front to back (I can't remember), the gasket covered an oil port or two - I had to check and make sure the holes in the gasket lined up with the holes in the block. I don't know how common this is on all cars. I haven't had the head off my 323.