Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Paint jobs????

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Default Paint jobs????

On my hatch to my 323 where that little tail light is normally where a rear wiper blade would go. I have some paint chiping varying about an 2 to 3 inchs long and may be about 1/2 to 1 inch wide.

I also have a small skiny spot right under my Driver side quarter winder.

I have some small spots on the hood of my car from rocks and other stuff hitting the hood and thats about it.

Has any one had little spots like this and gotten it taken care of? Like taking it in to just get those spots done? I mean how much would that cost or would I have to get the whole car panted?

I am just wondering I would like to know if its going to set me back so much that I just might wait and save up to get a new good pant job.

I mean is it hard to do your self? I mean like paniting you whole car?

Just wondering if any one could answer my question.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Default RE: Paint jobs????

I would wait to save up for a professional paint job done. You cannot just get spots repaired. It will not blend in with the original paint and will not look too good. If you try to do it yourself with spray cans, it will look ghetto. If you love the car, wait and do it right.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:14 AM

Yeah thats what I though would be the best thing to do.

Do you know how much a basic pant job cost? I mean my 323 is white and I would proble be happy with it to be just white just a nice paint job.

What can I do about that exposed metal? I don't want it to rust yah know?

Old 10-20-2005, 08:38 PM

Go to some good body shops in your area, they should give free estimates for any type repair or paint you want. Paint prices have really went up recently, just like everything else. Just tell them what you want done. I am not too familiar with prices, but I do know someone that just had their VW Bug painted, it cost $2000. But he had it painted a pearl white and did a complete job. This includes removing the doors, trunk, hood, fenders, and interior trim to paint all the door jambs, under the hood and trunk lid, etc... Anywhere there was exposed metal, to make it look like a factory job. On cheap paint jobs there will be overspray inside the doors, or under the hood, places like that. The paint will not match in hidden places.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:44 PM

Ah I see. Man thats a lot of money!

Well I wonder if I removed the pant and sanded it my self if that would save any money?

I am not to sure on what they do but I think thats what takes a lot of the time. I mean I don't think it takes them that long to paint the car it self?

I though it just takes a while to get the old paint off and sand it then put the primer or under coat or something like that on.

I mean I don't want a full job done if its going to cost that much. I would just like it to be painted and it to look good. I mean I don't want any thing fancy just how it looked befor the paint chipping.

I wish I had taken that freaking collision repair class. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 10-20-2005, 08:48 PM

Just go get some free estimates and see what they tell you, look in the yellow pages for body shops. I know there has to be some good reputable ones in the DFW area.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:50 PM

Oh yeah there is I think there are about 5 in about 10 miles of me at the tops. I think there is more than that.

I guess I will go get some prices. I mean its free to get them to tell me so I might as well

Thanks

Old 10-20-2005, 10:40 PM

don't detailing shops touch up on paint also?

Old 10-21-2005, 04:56 PM

Some detailing shops might touch up minor dings or scratches, but not repairing peeling paint or a large spot of bare metal.

Old 10-21-2005, 11:08 PM

i don't really care for those shops anyways

Quick Reply: Paint jobs????