Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Mazda 323P

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Default Mazda 323P

Hey there everyone,

I'm trying to find out the miles to the gallon ratio for my lovely Mazda 323p.

Just started a job that is a fair distance from where I live, so I would like to work out what I am spending in fuel.

If anyone could help I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by unclec
I'm trying to find out the miles to the gallon ratio for my lovely Mazda 323p. Just started a job that is a fair distance from where I live, so I would like to work out what I am spending in fuel.
Without knowing the year, engine, and transmission (manual or automatic), it's impossible to answer your question. But it doesn't really matter what the sticker says as you want to know what the mileage is of YOUR car in its current condition.

With the gas gauge close to empty, press the trip odometer reset to zero. Then fill the gas tank up until the nozzle clicks off. Now drive the car until the gas gauge is close to empty again. This time write down the number of miles on the trip odometer. Buy gas again until the nozzle clicks off. Write down the number of gallons of gas it took to fill the tank.

Now divide the number of miles on the trip by the number of gallons of gas. The result will be how many miles your car travels on a gallon of gas. This website also does the math for you and some other conversions: http://www.milesgallon.com/

You may have to fill the tank up 2 or 3 times and average the results to get a good number.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 AM

That's pretty much what I do. Reset trip odometer after every fill up, and divide miles driven by gallons used. You can easily track your car's mileage, and its variance, by getting into such a habit.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:49 AM

Thanks very much for the reply guys, I'll get right on this as soon as I get to empty, and I'll post the results.