Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Best cleaner for the interior...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Default Best cleaner for the interior...

Please, tell me your thoughts. I've just been wiping everything down with a cloth but it looks like she needs a good cleaning. I didn't want to use Armor all because I heard that it dries things out after a while.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Default RE: Best cleaner for the interior...

Armorall is the best way to go, unless you mix your own but thats not really recommended

Old 12-08-2006, 05:25 PM

I used that on my old car but I heard that in the end, it'll dry out the surfaces and cause cracking if not careful. Anyone else hear that?

Old 12-08-2006, 07:41 PM

i dont think famous shops like JE and Unique autosport that use armorall that would have alot to lose use products that affect customers cars in a negative way

Old 12-10-2006, 07:33 AM

I wouldn't think so either and had I known that, I wouldn't have asked...Settle down

Old 12-10-2006, 05:45 PM

im clam *twitch*

Old 12-14-2006, 04:18 PM

I just use an armorall leather care for my seats. So far its okay, I didnt know it will crack though. [&:] Does it really? Anyway, I just wonder if I can use this too for the doors and dashboard? Or there are other cleaners for that also? I dont know much about cars. As long as it runs, looks good and clean I wont know any difference. [&:]

Old 12-31-2006, 07:48 PM

http://www.autogeek.net/303.html

To my knowledge, this is one of the best cleaners & protectants for interiors.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:43 PM

you are correct in a sense about it drying out. what it does is armor all and the other major brands contain petrolium. which breaks down plastics and rubber fairly easy
although it can take several years. the best thing to do is find a non-petro based "cleaner" and you shouldnt have any problems.
though you can use petro based units. just plan on applying coats weekly

Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 PM

Does anyone have definitive evidence of this? Or is it FUD/rumor? Armor All's website does not mention petroleum distillates in their list of ingredients. Granted, they don't specifically say it doesn't either.

What are the ingredients in Armor AllĀ® Protectants? Do they include silicone, alcohol, ultraviolet inhibitors and petroleum distillates?

Armor AllĀ® Leather Care contains lanolin and natural moisturizers, and UV inhibitors. Armor AllĀ® Leather Care Protectant Spray and Leather Wipes contain water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, and ultraviolet light inhibitors. Armor AllĀ® Original Shine Protectant contains water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, and ultraviolet light inhibitors, humectants, dispersants and gloss enhancers. Armor AllĀ® Ultimate Clean Protectant contains water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, ultraviolet light inhibitors and a fragrance.

Quick Reply: Best cleaner for the interior...