Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

magnaflows??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Default magnaflows??

hey this is my first post and id like to know what would be a good muffler(s) to install on my mazda 6? i was looking at magnaflow mufflers and deleting the resonator. is deleting the resonator a good thing or will it hurt the car? i dont have 500+ bucks to dish out for a full bolt on system, so i was gona unbolt the pipes to make it easier andcut the stock mufflers off and weld in the magnaflows. im not looking for obnoxious sound, but i want alittle throatier tone when i get on it.proir to my new 6,i had a 93 bronco with a 5.0 with SLP loudmouth exhaust systemon it and it got me in trouble here and there, so im done with that haha. what do u think?[8D]

Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Default RE: magnaflows??

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o...ent=mazda5.flv

Anything other than stock you will be louder. This is my mother in-law's car and I just replaced the muffler with tip. I left the stock resonator and piping. For maximum results catback with mandrel bends and straight through mufflers. This is a 4X9 14 inch body magnaflow muffler with burnt tip (tip sold separately).

Old 06-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

[font=californainfb] What kind of vehicle is that? I don't recognize it from the lower rear.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Old 06-07-2007, 06:14 AM

well hows it sound withjust he muffler? i heard some on youtube and its rather quiet. i want alittle sound. im prob gona end up gettin the magnaflows and loose the resonator. i dont want anything "riced up" on my car so trash canmufflers are out of the question lol.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:08 PM

i know its not the same car but on my GTI VR6 and on my 300zx i used the same style muffler, i plan on using one on 626, its a magnaflow twin 3in tip oval muffler, any exhaust shop can custom make you a performance exhaust, it made my cars not really stand out but still give it a little added pep