Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

i/h/e ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Default i/h/e ?

in your opinion what are the best intakes,exhaust and header for the mazda protege 99 es?
and why?

Old 02-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Default RE: i/h/e ?

first off, id like to say i have the mazda3, but in all honesty, they're all going to perform the same way.
just stick with name brands.
for a header, i went with the best i could find (vibrant) because of all the testing they did before release.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

I have to agree w/D. I don't know if Vibrant makes a header for the Protos, but for thestreet at least, they are laible to be the best between performance and streetability.
For the 3 series, they are the only ones that make a 4-2-1 header, which is much better for mid-range/overall performer than a 4-1.
If you're tracking the car, then go to a 4-1 for upper rpm performance increases.
OBX's seem to have the most fitment and CEL issues for the 3 series, at least, but they are also the cheapest I've seen, before a flexpipe is added.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:07 AM

i have a mazda3, and i bought an OBX setup, and trust me, if virgin didnt give you the impression, then im here to tell ya: fork over the extra money and get something that is of higher quality, because i regret getting this piece of....