General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Protege5 Noise on Deceleration & AC Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Default Protege5 Noise on Deceleration & AC Question

Hello All,

I recently had quite a bit of trouble with my car, a 2002 Protege5, I was driving across the parking lot in my apartment complex and there was flash flooding that ended up hyrdolocking my engine. That was 2 weeks ago and a huge pain, luckily insurance paid for the majority of the repairs, including a replacement engine,and I just got my car back last night. I have been noticing this odd squeaking/creaking noise on most deceleration once I get below a certain speed. This only seems to happen when I brake, not when I coast down. It doesn't happen everytime that I brake either, and the nature of the noise doesn't make me think it has anything to do with the brakes themselves. The noise is also occasionally present on slow acceleration. These noises don't happen everytime that I slow down, and I am hoping it is something that might just go away since it seems to be happening less. Does anyone have any idea what this could be, or if it is a result of the replaced engine and belts "settling" or something of that sort? Also, the shop claims that my A/C isn't working because the line from the compressor to the condensor is leaking freon. A/C worked great before, could this have been damaged when they pulled the engine?

Thanks!