General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Ok need some help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Default Ok need some help!!!

Ok when I start up my car (which is a 92 323 1.6lt 4cly) I hear a type of sqeaking coming from the engin bay.

so maybe like a seal or someone by the belt. I can't really track it down. but when I am in the car it seems to be coming from the left side of the car. Like right in front of the stearing wheel.

Let me say this if this will help. I just got a new clutch put in a few weeks ago. So I guess it could be coming from that area. I mean other than that it runs just fine for now. I was just trying to see if its something I could track down.

Also I am having break problems again.

Ok just had the rear breaks done. They where fine but now sometimes I hear a noise like a small (thump thump) I mean really small just like a small noise no vibration.

Ok and in the front I had a mechanic look at the front breaks he said they looked fine. But I was filling a nocking noise on my right side. So I took a look at it. Didn't see any thing. So I figured the rotor was bad. Considering that that side was involed in an accident I figured they never changed the rotor so I did that and it drove well for about a week. No noise.

So its back now and I really don't know what to do. I am not sure if my calipers are bad or just the pads. I mean I am just getting ready to just replace as much of it as I can.

I really need help on this one.

I need to know what to do and what to look for.

I really need to get a digital camra or just take some pics so you all can see.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Default RE: Ok need some help!!!

ORIGINAL: Alucard

Ok when I start up my car (which is a 92 323 1.6lt 4cly) I hear a type of sqeaking coming from the engin bay.

so maybe like a seal or someone by the belt. I can't really track it down. but when I am in the car it seems to be coming from the left side of the car. Like right in front of the stearing wheel.

Let me say this if this will help. I just got a new clutch put in a few weeks ago. So I guess it could be coming from that area. I mean other than that it runs just fine for now. I was just trying to see if its something I could track down.

Also I am having break problems again.

Ok just had the rear breaks done. They where fine but now sometimes I hear a noise like a small (thump thump) I mean really small just like a small noise no vibration.

Ok and in the front I had a mechanic look at the front breaks he said they looked fine. But I was filling a nocking noise on my right side. So I took a look at it. Didn't see any thing. So I figured the rotor was bad. Considering that that side was involed in an accident I figured they never changed the rotor so I did that and it drove well for about a week. No noise.

So its back now and I really don't know what to do. I am not sure if my calipers are bad or just the pads. I mean I am just getting ready to just replace as much of it as I can.

I really need help on this one.

I need to know what to do and what to look for.

I really need to get a digital camra or just take some pics so you all can see.

We need more information. The squeaking at startup. Is is just at startup and after a few minutes it goes away? Does it get louder when you rev the engine? Does it get louder when you turn the wheel side-to-side. Yes to these questions might mean just a loose belt that needs to be tightened. Does it squeak with clutch in, or clutch out in neutral? Clutch in only may mean a bad throwout bearing. Clutch out only may mean countershaft in the transmission.

Need more descriptive tourbleshooting and we can pinpoint the problem.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:49 PM

lol yeah I knew it would be a hard one to tell.

Only when the car starts up and when the clutch is in netural. After I start driving it doesn't do it.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:13 PM

If you are sitting still and idling with the clutch out, that would point to a noisy throw out bearing. If the noise goes away soon as the clutch is pushed in, that is a dead give away of the throw out bearing. Being as you just had a clutch job done thats where I would start.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:17 PM

Well I mean this only really happens on start up. But I mean I just had the whole clutch replaced. I mean I had the full kit installed.

What doest the throw out bearing do?

Is that part of the Transaxle?

It gets kind of fuzzy here for me in this area. I mean I understand the conspeces but when it comes to working on it I am at a lose.

at least for now untill I can get some more school in.

I mean its been running fine since I got it back. only sticks sometimes trying to get in to first but that has pretty much gone away.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:47 PM

The throw out (or release) bearing is what contacts the pressure plate to disengage the clutch from the engine so you can change gears. It fits on a sleeve and is on the other end of the clutch pedal inside the trans.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:51 PM

so did that not come in the clutch kit I got?

I mean I though they replaced every thing because I got the kit not just the pressure plate and the few other things I needed to fix it. thats why I spent the extra dough and got the whole kit.

I mean could this just be because its new???

Old 06-08-2006, 04:22 AM

It should have come with the bearing in the kit. but it is kinda hard to tell if this is the problem anyways without actually being there to hear it.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:05 AM

After I start driving it doesn't do it.

Then start driving!

Old 06-08-2006, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: spark3542

After I start driving it doesn't do it.

Then start driving!

Problem solved! [sm=goodidea.gif]

Quick Reply: Ok need some help!!!