General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

mazda3 axela bank 1 to rich at idle HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Default mazda3 axela bank 1 to rich at idle HELP!!!

my check engine light keeps coming on showing bank one to rich at idle. its causing a drop in acceleration an gas mileage. i have a cold air intake, but didnt have problems until recently. ive tried a new mass air flow sensor, and running seafoam through the fuel system to clean out the carbon build up, but no permenant results. PLEASE HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 PM

still needing help! was hopeing someone on here could help

Old 03-18-2012, 09:56 PM

As a suggestion; yank the CAI and put the factory intake back on, then replace or repair the wiring harness which has probably been stretched by having been rerouted.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 PM

ok,thanks. only problem is i dont have the factory intake anymore!!! and another question,why would it just start this even though the intake has been on there over a year?

Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by jugaknot
ok,thanks. only problem is i dont have the factory intake anymore!!! and another question,why would it just start this even though the intake has been on there over a year?
The extra stress on the wiring took a while to compromise the electrical integrity of the circuit. As for the factory intake and wiring harness, you can probably pick them up at a junk yard for cheap.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:34 PM

ok thanks,ima try that and let you know how it goes. again thanks for your help!

Old 03-21-2012, 04:42 PM

Cool, be sure to let us know how you make out.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

If it's hi mileage, it could be leaking injectors.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:29 PM

Ok,so that could also cause the cutting out when i take off? And a drop in fuel mileage. is there any special way to test them or just start replacing?

Old 03-22-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by jugaknot
Ok,so that could also cause the cutting out when i take off? And a drop in fuel mileage. is there any special way to test them or just start replacing?
While I'm not saying it isn't your injectors, I find it highly unlikely to say the very least. The thing is, modern fuel is so well fortified with additives and detergents that, contrary to popular belief, fuel injectors rarely "leak" or have other issues.

As I said before, your issue sounds very much like an electrical short caused by the torque from your engine pulling on the wiring harness, which was in turn caused by the installation of the CAI and the rerouting/stretching of the wiring.

Quick Reply: mazda3 axela bank 1 to rich at idle HELP!!!