General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Hi there - Help req. Trip computer and Electric Windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Default Hi there - Help req. Trip computer and Electric Windows

Hi all,

New to the forum and requiring some help.

I have a 2005 Mazda6 S 1.8, the cars been great up until now and I think its a mistake that I've made but..

Well I took the battery off over night the other day as I needed to try and borrow it to get my other car started.
Anyway since putting the battery back on I have encountered 2 problems.

1. All passenger windows will not work from the drivers door controls. (They work individually from each other door).

2. The trip computer reset to zero and now doesnt count.

Oh also (3) the car has been cutting out occasionally when coming to a stop.

Any help advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Hi , Ok to set the windows you have to resynchronize all the windows to the drivers door switch pack , on each window switch hold down the switch for a few seconds then press it up and hold it in the up position for a few seconds this should resynchronize all window switches. Your trip computer should work try driving it for a few miles then take a reading of the mileage. As for your idle speed rev the engine at 3,500 RPM for 2 mins this should help relearn all sensors .

Old 08-01-2011, 02:55 PM

Just changed the battery on mine as well. Same issues plus the radio needed retuning.
I think the idling problem started before but now you've got me thinking. Does the car have to be stationary for this fix, as I'm regularly cruising at 70 (+ a little) which isn't far off the 3500 mark?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Master P
Hi , Ok to set the windows you have to resynchronize all the windows to the drivers door switch pack , on each window switch hold down the switch for a few seconds then press it up and hold it in the up position for a few seconds this should resynchronize all window switches. Your trip computer should work try driving it for a few miles then take a reading of the mileage. As for your idle speed rev the engine at 3,500 RPM for 2 mins this should help relearn all sensors .
Hi, everything else seems ok now but having tried your instructions for the windows it doesnt seem to work.
Do you mean the window switches on the driver door panel? I have tried this. Holding them down for a few seconds (tried between a couple of seconds, 5 and 10 seconds) then holding up for a few seconds, nothing.
Is there something else I should be pressing?

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:53 AM

You have to press each door window switch so you start at the N/S/F, then move to the N/S/R ,O/S/R then O/S/F . You dont have to do it in this order, hope this helps.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Master P
You have to press each door window switch so you start at the N/S/F, then move to the N/S/R ,O/S/R then O/S/F . You dont have to do it in this order, hope this helps.
Ah all sorted now, thanks for your help.
I went to each window, put it fully down then back up then continues to hold the switch in the up position for about 15 seconds until it made a click noise.

All sorted now

Thanks again!