Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   ECU, PCM & KAM Resetting. (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/general-tech-6/ecu-pcm-kam-resetting-31827/)

turboturney 06-24-2013 06:44 AM

ECU, PCM & KAM Resetting.

Found these solutions to resetting memories.

1) to reset ECU the easiest way is,

Take off the negative lead of the battery,
Sit in the driver's seat of your Mazda
turn headlights on and off
press horn
Push down and release the brake pedal five times consecutively.
Wait 10-15 minutes to reconnect and ECU should be reset.

if your not sure if it worked leave it off for a few hours
Reconnect the "Negative" terminal clamp on your Mazda's battery.
Turn your car on and let it idle for a few minutes to learn the mapping and drive like a granny for the first 30 mins! the ecu will learn that minimal fuel usage is what you want and it'll stick to it!

coz if you floor it as soon as you do it it'll learn that pumping fuel in is the way to go

2) There are two reset procedures, one for the NVRAM and the other for the KAM. Neither will erase your radio presets.

1) With the key in the off position, press and hold the odometer reset button and turn the key to on;
Continue to hold the odo button until the odometer reads "TEST" and then release.
2) Turn the key to off and repeat step one.

This will reset the entire PCM except the KAM which contains the sensor profiles amongst other things. You can reset it with the familiar procedure:

1) Turn the key to on
2) Depress the brake pedal rapidly 20 times in a row until the oil pressure gauge sweeps to halfway and back again.

Hope these solutions help any problems you all may need to solve.

UseYourNoggin 06-24-2013 08:08 AM

I may have to keep this as one of my favs, or better yet copy and paste it in to a word document under my "Mazda Stuff" Folder.
I'm quite sure you have seen me type the short version of this many times (gives me typing practice i guess).

After doing this on my Mazda 6 my Passenger window will also not work from the driver side. To correct this I first put the passenger window down from the passenger side. Now I start putting it up with my right hand----while it’s going up I use my left hand and put the window up using the driver side control for that window, keep holding both buttons up for 20 seconds after the window has reached the top.

turboturney 06-24-2013 08:15 AM

Your Welcome Mate, and Happy Birthday:)

UseYourNoggin 06-24-2013 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by turboturney (Post 138885)
Your Welcome Mate, and Happy Birthday:)

Thanx, you must have visited my page-mini stats. ;)
I've been on this Forum 1.5 year as well. :eek: (long for me).

tylor gilbert 07-31-2017 03:32 PM

Problem

When I report the last kam reset my check engine light flashes.... also when I attempt to reset the window button om the drivers door panel for the front passenger door it also flashes. What should I do?

Robert37865 11-17-2018 10:32 PM

To the guy that is having trans and passenger window and fuel problems

Not sure about ur window but everything but the window was going on with mine and the only thing I had to do after buying a 800 dollar throttle body I never used was a accual tune just plugs and wires and the throttle positioning sensor that sensor will make it feel like ur trans and throttle body are both going out and it's just that even acts like it could be the mass air flow sensor but it's not just that tos sensor and nothing went wrong with mine and just rest ur ecu by undoing both the negative and positive battery cable wait a few mins turn everything on u can that uses power to drain the rest of the power out then finally hold both of them together after that put them back on step on ur brake pedal 10 timers hit ur gas kettle 5 6 times start the car and it should run like new

mutlu_kizilgedik@hotmail.com 03-15-2019 01:40 PM

Is for manuel transmission or manuel?

Is it for automatic transmission or manuel? Thank you!

Originally Posted by turboturney (Post 138882)
Found these solutions to resetting memories.

1) to reset ECU the easiest way is,

Take off the negative lead of the battery,
Sit in the driver's seat of your Mazda
turn headlights on and off
press horn
Push down and release the brake pedal five times consecutively.
Wait 10-15 minutes to reconnect and ECU should be reset.

if your not sure if it worked leave it off for a few hours
Reconnect the "Negative" terminal clamp on your Mazda's battery.
Turn your car on and let it idle for a few minutes to learn the mapping and drive like a granny for the first 30 mins! the ecu will learn that minimal fuel usage is what you want and it'll stick to it!

coz if you floor it as soon as you do it it'll learn that pumping fuel in is the way to go

2) There are two reset procedures, one for the NVRAM and the other for the KAM. Neither will erase your radio presets.

1) With the key in the off position, press and hold the odometer reset button and turn the key to on;
Continue to hold the odo button until the odometer reads "TEST" and then release.
2) Turn the key to off and repeat step one.

This will reset the entire PCM except the KAM which contains the sensor profiles amongst other things. You can reset it with the familiar procedure:

1) Turn the key to on
2) Depress the brake pedal rapidly 20 times in a row until the oil pressure gauge sweeps to halfway and back again.

Hope these solutions help any problems you all may need to solve.

grim_reaper 03-16-2019 03:22 AM

Procedure is for all Mazda's, regardless of engine or transmission.

Madroxide 10-14-2019 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 173565)
Procedure is for all Mazda's, regardless of engine or transmission.

I have a 2003 Mazda 6s 3.0, it says the oil pressure gauge will sweep when the KAM is reset. My car has an oil light, no gauge. What do I look form

grim_reaper 10-15-2019 03:15 AM

KAM reset is carried out by disconnecting the battery for at least 5 minutes. No gauges or lights will operate as there is no voltage.