General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 Mazda Millenia

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Default 98 Mazda Millenia

My millenia w/ 59000 miles now has a malfunction indicator light on. The car has fuel and the gas cap is on tightly. The manual says I have electrical engine problem but the car is running fine. However I have noticed i'm getting poor gas mileage 13-15 miles/gal. Can someone help or has someone had this same problem?

Thanks

Old 08-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Default RE: 98 Mazda Millenia

There are roughly 120 different codes that can be set depending on what the failure is. Anything from a loose fuel cap causing an evap leak code to engine missfire to any number of sensors or running conditions. Need to know what the code is to determine cause. Most shops will charge between 1/2 to 1 hour labor to diagnose or just to retrieve code. Some auto parts stores will retrieve the code free of charge in hopes that you will then purchase any needed parts from them. Check with some local stores and see. They will provide you with a code # that should be a 'P' followed by 4 numbers (ie. P0325 or P0420 ). Get this code and repost.