General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Tribute ES computer problems...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Default 2003 Tribute ES computer problems...

I've had CONSTANT problems with the airbag light & check coolant light sincethe 4th month Iowned my 2003 Tribute ES.Each time, the service depts claimed it's been fixed but problem returned in a day or so.NOW, my service dept has hadthe vehiclefor 3 months and still don't know what's wrong with it or they don't have a mechanic qualified to fix it--at least that's what they've been telling me. At the time it was towed in, it was only 9 days out of warranty with less than 50K on it. The dashboard lights went completely wild, dials and lightsacting crazy, then the car just died while idling at a light and wouldn't restart.They still haven't got a clear diagnoses on it & asked me if it was in an accident--which it was NOT. Talked to the local Mazda rep who agreed to cover the repairs under warranty but it still hasn't been fixed and I haven't had use of the vehicle for 3 months while I've been making payments on it. Anyway, the service dept. suggested tome that the problem COULD BE (they are not sure about that either)due toan aftermarket remote starter that was installed 6 months after purchasing the vehicle. Could this be at all possible and why haven't they figured out the problem? For some reason, I'm getting the runaround. This is getting ridiculous and I'm about to contact the attorney general. Are these mechanicsa bunch of flunkies?ANY SUGGESTIONS?