Electronics, Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Navigation - Mazda 3!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Default Navigation - Mazda 3!!!!!!

Hi,

I bought a navigation system which belongs to a crashed Mazda3 MPS. I received all components (DVD, Command, LCD and Antenna) but no Wiring/connectors.

When I tried to install the system I found out (I'm Still said with that) that the Wiring Harness doesn't include Navigation Wire/connectors. It seams Mazda has different Wiring Harness for cars with and Without GPS. Conclusion.: I Need to build the wiring harness.

Meanwhile I got the Mazda 3 Workshop manual but, unfortunately, it doesn't include the "connectors map" of the DENSO DVD unit I bought, it includes only the 2003 version.

Does anyone have a more updated info? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Best Regards,
mnvs

DENSO Unit.: K4238; fabricated on May 2006
Mazda Ref.: BR2C 66 DF0 B
My car.. Mazda 3, Model.: Exclusive, Date.: 2006[/align]

Old 09-21-2007, 05:15 AM
Default RE: Navigation - Mazda 3!!!!!!

So, nobody can help me? I'm sure someone can...please...!!!!
I just want something like the attach file but for the most recent version of the DVD unit. Probably is the same that comes with the Mazda 6 or CX-7.
The "terminal" connector it's different...so I don't Know if all other connectors are equal or not.
PLEASE HELP...
Thanks

NOTE.: Please change the file extension from ".TXT" to ".PDF"

Old 09-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Relatively few 3's are sold w/the navi system, and I doubt that many have tried to install one from a wrecked vehicle. You may be the first!
I don't think this has anything to do with not wanting to help you, but we just don't know how. You are likely delving into uncharted territory. If it works out for you, you might want to publish a manual for those that want to try it themselves.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:06 PM

Yes, I agree with you. This shouldn't be a very usual task. However, who have the Mazda Workshop manual from 2007 (or any other version which includes 2006 version of mazda 3) should be able to give me an big help.

Lets wait...

Thanks a lot for your words.

mnvs

Old 09-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mnvs
Thanks a lot for your words.
mnvs
You just seemed to be getting a lil' upset that no one had responded. I just wanted to assure youthat it was nothing personal, I'm sure.

Best of luck to you mnvs.You may have a difficult job and a lot of research ahead of you, but if you can pull it off... Hey, more power to the AXLES!!

Old 09-23-2007, 09:23 PM

i'm trying to get access to the under the center panel on the dash where the navigation system goes (i don't have the nav option,just installing a hands free bluetooth kit and need to put the receiver somewhere). i have removed the long horizontal trim piece from around the radio display, and have taken the radio out.

then iremoved the two screws that hold the bottom of the panel down, but can't figure out how it is attached from there. it doesn't appear to be loose after the screws are gone, and i don't want to break off any clips by trying to pry it off. can you tell me how you removed yours?

any info would be appreciated! also, how did you go about getting hold of a nav system from a crashed car???

thanks, james

Old 09-24-2007, 01:15 PM

I'm not sure if I understood your question…

Please see attach docs. Is this info enough for what you want to do?

Regards

PS.: please remove ".txt" from the files names.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 AM

Thanks. that was exactly what i was looking for. You wouldn't happen to know what you need to do in order to mute the radio (i.e. what wire gets grounded/high signal to it)?

Thanks again. James