Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Things to avoid to keep your car looking new

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Avoid outside air enter while on the road.. it ends as dirt that sticks to the ceiling, 1/4 panel, rear deck, etc.. use clean rag, clean water to clean & humidify the surface..plz don't "clean" with Armor all...is a conditioner, not a cleaner..

Old 07-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Exclamation Center console scuffs

If your vehicle is a daily driver or carries a passenger on a regular basis youre going to notice that the simple task of buckling their seatbelt turns a freshly painted center console into a disaster area. I find that attatching a thin piece of film or window tint with double back tape can keep your console scratch free. A womans wedding/engagement ring can be a console killer when buckling the seatbelt.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by YankeeZoom
If your vehicle is a daily driver or carries a passenger on a regular basis youre going to notice that the simple task of buckling their seatbelt turns a freshly painted center console into a disaster area. I find that attatching a thin piece of film or window tint with double back tape can keep your console scratch free. A womans wedding/engagement ring can be a console killer when buckling the seatbelt.
wow! another reason not to get married !! thanks yankee !! ..

Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 PM
t2t

Wedding rings also tend to wear away at the leather wrapped steering wheels.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by t2t
Wedding rings also tend to wear away at the leather wrapped steering wheels.
They do? Hmmm, been married for nearly 17 years and every car I've had since then has had a leather wrapped steering wheel. Never had a nick on any of them. Go figure.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:40 AM
t2t

Originally Posted by shipo
They do? Hmmm, been married for nearly 17 years and every car I've had since then has had a leather wrapped steering wheel. Never had a nick on any of them. Go figure.
My Millenia is now 8 years old. There is wear on the left side of the steering wheel, but none on the right. Up to this point, my wife has been the primary driver, and she always wears a ring. Me, on the other hand, hate jewelry. No ring, no watch, nothing.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:14 AM

Running your car off a cliff has been proven to be disastrous. Develop a escape plan!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Default tips to remember when taking care of your car

I will not use the wax after you dry sprays. Causes scratches.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:31 PM

What I cant stand is when people lean on the car with riveted jeans.
Or when the wife sets her purse, keys, or anything else on the top to free her hands.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:06 AM
Default Things to avoid to keep your car looking new

Hi,
Car crash statistics show that distracted driving is an increasing problem. We have whole divisions of the government who only work on transportation safety. Here's the problem: nobody else can make you a safer driver. It doesn't matter if the roads are optimized for impacts, or if you drive the car rated highest for safety—if you are a risky driver, you run a much higher chance of getting hurt in a car accident. The only way to make the roads safer is to decide to be a safer driver.As an injury attorney, I see the aftermath of dangerous driving. Here are five things that you need to be careful of to avoid becoming a fatal car accident statistic.

Quick Reply: Things to avoid to keep your car looking new