Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Deep Gloss Details: 2005 Mazda 6 Interior Deep Cleanse & Paint Correction/Protection

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Default Deep Gloss Details: 2005 Mazda 6 Interior Deep Cleanse & Paint Correction/Protection

Hello all, this is my forst post on this site. I detail and hope to contribute to this board with Mazda's that I am hired to do.

Well this was the first time doing this car.. I was initially only hired to do an interior / wash / protect but ended up doing a bit more. I was a little rushed by the customer but all in all it came out ok
I started with the interior detail and I used a new tool for the 1st time.. a steamer... I have to say this really made doing the interior fun and efficient. You know those crevices that collect crud that is hard to access in order to get out.. well that problem is a thing of the past with the steamer..and like I said it really is fun to use.. Especially when it's cold out because the steam that pours out of the cabin just looks cool!!! Another cool thing was that using the steamer cleaned so well I didn't have to use as much zep/woolite so they were relatively dry when done which helped a lot considering it was 50 degrees.. By the time I was done with the wheels the interior was dry with NO heater or anything else to speed up the drying process.
I first brushed the interior with a white aqua brush and then vacuumed. After that I treated the interior with a combo of Zep carpet solution (extractor version) and woolite. I add a bit of woolite because I like the smell. I then scrubbed with the aqua brush again let dwell and steamed in one hand and extracted in the other.. worked like a dream!!!
Next up the mats.. Brushed with aqua brush, vacuumed then they saw the same zep/woolite combo as the interior upholstery did with spot treatments of Folex..Aqua brushed them again let dwell and the pressure washed. It was 50 degrees today so in order to help them dry I used a forced air electric heater made by Stanley this thing did it's thang' and dried them like a charm

After that I was on to the hard interior trim which saw 4 star white lightning APC wipe down (4:1) followed up by Surf City dash away.. This stuff is a pleasure to work with since it cleans and protects AIO.. It has a nice "masculine" smell. Another plus is that it works on EVERYTHING in the interior.. I no longer use 303 and have transitioned to the Dash Away.
After that it was on to the wheels.. They saw Surf City Beyond Steel and they were really put to the test because the rear rims were filthy – Baked on caked on dust and crud!! I scrubbed the rims using my meg’s wheel brush. I did the front wheels first and was moving right along having a great time.. THEN I GOT TO THE REAR WHEELS.. Man this really sucked!! The real wheel wells were not the typical smooth hard plastic. It was furry with extremely short nap and it had mud/paint all in the nap.. it really bummed me out because I did not get it as "perfect" as I am used to.
I tried everything, APC diluted, goo gone and I even used MS APC (green stuff- VERY STRONG) FULL STRENGTH and it didn't knock it all out.. The green APC did the best out of anything I tried... Tires saw Surf City Beyond Black (I love this stuff) and rims saw Duragloss AW.
Time to clean the paint!! Below the belt line all around saw Paint saw Surf City Grime Destroyer. While the GD was doing it’s thing I made up a concoction of Dawn, Surf City Pacific Blue soap, Surf City Grime Destroyer and ONR.. I put this all in my Weed n Feed with some water and went to town. Pressure washed, More of my concoction and then 2 bucket method with Pacific Blue.. This was my 1st time using this stuff and I liked it but considering the previous paint cleansing steps it’s hard to give an accurate account of its true performance if used by itself.
PW the cracks and crevices saw a leaf blower and then I clayed with some no name Ebay medium clay using ONR as my lube
Door jambs saw Surf City Hot Rod Detailer.. I would normally use FK425 for this but not anymore..the slickness of SC HRD is better.
On to correction.. The owner had some mean paint transfer, that saw Menz 106ff with green LC CCS pad speed 5. The rest of the vehicle saw 106ff with white LC CCS pad on Speed 5.
Time to protect.. The paint saw Duragloss 105 for some winter protection… I really wanted to try a new sealant of two that I have but I didn’t want to test new stuff on a customer car just before winter snow fall so, the tried and true durability of DG 105 prevailed.
Time for windows which saw Surf City Clearly Better (best window cleaner I’ve ever used).
I then removed the DG 105 with light sprays of DG 951… Slick as eel snot when I was done…
Exhaust tips saw Surf City Maximum Metal.
On to the pics – *It was cloudy all day and I really suck at pics*
Name:  DriversCarpet.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  110.7 KB
Name:  DriversCarpet-1.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  47.4 KB
Name:  Passengercarpet.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  102.5 KB
Name:  PassengerCarpet-1.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  98.3 KB
Name:  100_3791-1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  75.0 KB
Name:  CupHolder.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  45.5 KB
Name:  Trunk.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  104.3 KB
Name:  Trunk-1.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  57.1 KB
Name:  BigScuff.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  29.7 KB
Name:  ScuffGone2.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  31.5 KB
Name:  PassengerRearWheel.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  86.5 KB
Name:  RearWheel.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  37.7 KB

Misc Pics
Name:  PassengerSideProfileFrontAngle.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  39.6 KB
Name:  DriversSideProfileFrontAngle.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  55.4 KB
Name:  DriversSideProfileFromrear.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  51.1 KB
Name:  DriversSide.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  67.8 KB
Name:  DriverSideProfile.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  76.8 KB

Thanks for looking.

Comments/Questions/Critiques always welcome

Old 11-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Default RE: Deep Gloss Details: 2005 Mazda 6 Interior Deep Cleanse & Paint Correction/Protection

Wow! Nice job. I never heard of Surf City.