Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

ok Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Default ok Need some advice

Looking for some speakers that will fit right where the stock ones go in my 1992 323 Two door hatchback 4cl.

Any way found some pionier that will fit but what will happen if I change out all 4 speakers and not the radio?

I mean will it improve at all or will I need to get a whole new radio as well?

Something tells me I will.

Also anone have an specks or diagrams on getting the Rear speakers out????

Old 06-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Default RE: ok Need some advice

replacing all of your door speakers will improve your sound, but typically not very much as your head unit must be more powerful to give more power to your newly acquired doors speakers in which you want to purchase. if you want to go another direction, order your door speakers and amplify the speakers that way. either way works, but i do recommend a new head unit as you have alot more options to tune your speakers to how you want them to sound.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:37 AM

replacing your door speakers is not a very good idea since what TGM6 just said your gonna need a new headunit to get a more clear crisp sound from your speakers, it was interesting to hear TGM6 to say somethin about keeping your stock radio, replacing your speakers but at the same time amplifying the spearkers. To me that says giving your speakers even more power then your stock radio can handel thus even worse sound quality, you might get a little more thump on bass hits but the vocals will sound like somebody is singing in water with a mouth stuffed with cotton *****. That said my suggestion is get a new headunit, if your gonna go cheap go with Alpine or Kenwood, and i know Pioneer is really cheap but you should really think about getting your hands on some Polk Momo's or Eclipse, again you should really start with headunit first then speakers you can run all those w/o an amp (if you go cheap), but i also suggest upon getting the speakers have an amp ready (if you decide to take my advice)

Old 06-06-2006, 09:41 AM

yeah, the head unit is definitely the way to go for the best clear system you can get out of those speakers. i should have mentioned before that the amplifier with the stock head unit is not for the audiophiles, but for people who are limited on money and just want to get a little more bang out of their system for a reasonable price. by all means, the head unit will definitely improve your system.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:28 PM

ok got it. Need the Head unit first then speakers then what ever next.

I mean the reason I am asking is because I have a friend how will be giving me some Kickers I think thats what they are. So I was trying to see if it was even worth putting them in now or just wating till I got a head unit.

Any ideas on an affordable head unit. I don't need one that really plays CDs just one that has a better out putt. See I have a good MP3 player that I just want to use with a Transmitter and just have it run threw my radio. But I figured it wouldn't hurt hurt to up grade.

Any ideas on a good head unti.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:40 AM

eclipse, pioneer, and kenwood are all good systems for what you seem to be looking for. the headunits amplify most speakers at 50x4 watts which will crank out some pretty decent power for your newly acquired kickerz. some units will have better watts such as 60x4 watts. as long as the unit supplies power to 4 speakers, you will be fine.

check out cardomain.com's store and enter your vehicles information. alot of products have reviews on them and you can read about each player to see what product fits your needs the most.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:05 AM

Alpine is also very affordable but if you wanna go REALLY cheap go to Target or Wal-mart and get a Jensen headunit or a Sony. btw all aftermarket headunits play CD's nothing else, ive heard the sound quality on eclipse for the speakers and subs, but nothing for headunit btw one: your very lucky to get some free kickers, and two: can you get a pic of em?.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:50 PM

i've got some kickerz that handle some great bass and some pioneer speakers that have just been sitting in my closet ever since i took them out of my old vehicle. dished out a good bit of money for them, but i don't think i'm ever going to use them again haha.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:24 PM

Ok wow love all the info guys.

I mean I probly will go with alpine considering my best friend had a good one and never had a problem with it.

Yeah I wouldn't mind taking some pics for you Tracker. As soon as I get them which I hope might be today.

I am just trying to put together a decent sound system in the little 323 so I can hear my music.

Any advice on mounting 61/2 2ways in a 5 1/4 hole? I mean the 5 1/4 is what are in my doors right now. I mean I have the room arleady cut in the door trim I just don't know when it comes to drilling and mounting the speakers there considering there so much bigger.

Also what about rewiring?

Should I just use the original wires?

Any one know what size are my speakers in back?

I really have no idea and I don't know how to take them out.

Considering my car is a hatch back.