Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Infinity Kappa's

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Default Infinity Kappa's

hey everyone!! (merry xmas!!)
my parents gave me some money for some rear speakers for my car.....so i think im going to go with the Infinity Kappa because they have a high peak power, and i had them in my old civic, and they sounded great, andthey're $70 cdn off right now, so its quite a deal.
http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA682.7CF'&Ser=KAP&amp ;Cat=MEL
what do you think? does anybody have these in their car??
input would be great,....and btw, im only going to bestbuy/futureshop, so i dont have a huge selection.....

Old 01-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Default RE: Infinity Kappa's

Actually ,EVERY single speaker in my Mazda 6 is Infinity Kappas and the sound is nothing short of awesome whether I'm on H.D. radio,CD,DVD,Ipod,etc Crip,clean highs all around!
As lomg as you amp them a bit,I'm sure you will be more than happy. There is no bigger waste than a great speaker not getting the power it needs. I tried the door kappas on system power alone and it was not near as clean as when I amped them!
Just food for thought!
Good Luck!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:56 PM

I know the infinity kappas are good but they are $170.. is that necessary? There are no other good brands for cheaper. Because there are a lot on crutchfield.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:45 AM

do you have infinity kappas 5x7's?I been searching for infinitys to fit my car but they only havethem in 6x8s. i have 2 pairs of infinity references but they are 6 1/2"and they dont fit my car.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:34 PM

the mazda front AND rear speakers are both 6x8's

Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 PM

Well,No offense I know that there are cheaper speakers out there,but in the last15 years I have been doing high end systems(6 as an installer),when it comes to Car Audio for a nice car.......You tend to get what you pay for! I have trophies to prove it!
My best advice is to get the good stuff,but to shop around for it and get the right price. Alot of times you can get lucky and buy this stuff semi-used off the buy/sell sections in the various forums and save a ton of money or if you are buying new.Yes Crutchfield is a damn good way to go! I bought my Infinity Kappa 10.7 T Tweeters through them because they could get them for me BEFORE they were even on the market where I live. food for thought!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:04 PM

the kappa's i bought we're $70 off, which is why i bought them, plus, i bought them with the money i got for xmas.

p.s. in addition to wat 0to60 said,
theres a reason to why those cheap sony speakers u buy at bestbuy are called Xplod.... cuz they'll actually explode!! lol
(im pretty sure its just a joke or whatever, but i'll never buy sony car audio)