Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

I did my first major burnout yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Default I did my first major burnout yesterday

It was awesome. I wanted to see how well I could do it and i had been pretty nice to my car before hand and I figured eh, why not get a little wild. I was at a lgith adn no one was around expect for a Chrysler PT cruise rthat was behind me. So I revved to about 6 thousand and let the clutch out quickly (too chicken to drop it instantly plus I think that's bad for it) and My little TII lit those Toyo Proxies up. The expensive tires made a huge burnout competition worthy cloud of smoke I guess that's the difference over any old goodyear well that and th egrip. So anyway I did about a 30 foot burnout before letting up. It was awesome, I'm sure everyone rmemebers their first.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:46 AM
Default RE: I did my first major burnout yesterday

yeah, i remember my first burnout...i was in my dads bmw m-roadster (before i actually had my license)...i went to a large, empty parking lot, turned of the traction control, raised the rpms in first and just dropped the clutch... i stayed in the same place for about a second or two then let of the gas a tad so the tires could get some grip...i then proceeded to perform 900 degree donut. sooo much fun!

Old 05-22-2006, 01:50 AM

I can't wait till they day before the day I replace my rear tires. that was fun.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:40 AM

finally, 87 is no longer a virgin....to burnouts, burnouts are a lot more fun in the rain, i remember my first time too, i was in my moms 04 maxima (auto) and i was on my way to my friends house when some guy in crown victoria (cop car) with a radar dectector and ram bars got next to me at the light and reved it, i did nothing but knew what he was gonna do (it was my first time driving the car too)the light turned green and i just punched it, spun the wheels and we were tied till the car shifted to 3rd and i was gone, we went through two lights (not red luckily) and stopped at the light before the the 95 off ramp, and he pulled up next to me and wanted to rematch on the highway but i said no. Also that night i took my car to the races and beat my competition (manual 5spd Sentra with lightweight ACT flywheel, stock mustang, and some N/A civic hatch)

Old 05-22-2006, 05:51 PM

burnouts are more fun in the rain because they last longer, for autos. My mom';s car has spun the wheels on many occasion when TCS if off dry or wet but this was different. Her wheels made a scratching sound, my toyos made a screech and made a huge competition-like cloud of somke. It was so beautiful.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:24 PM

tracker my mom has the same car...I have done a ton of burnouts in it (if she knew shed kill me) and I have done e-brake power slides in it and such...Havent done one in the 6 yet though, to much or a wuss! ha ha...

Old 05-23-2006, 01:38 AM

are maximas rear wheel drive?

Old 05-23-2006, 02:24 AM

yup, why?

Old 05-23-2006, 05:04 PM

because i thought they were front wheel drive...interesting

Old 05-23-2006, 05:47 PM

what gave you that idea?