sas drive line issues - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 PM

Default sas drive line issues

I sas'ed my mazda a while back still using same tranny an tcase. problem is that tcase sits way to far forward so my front drive line is to short and to much of a angle. ive broken 3 so far. im gettin tired of makin them. was gunna swap out motor an tranny but i like my 2.6l an got lots of spare parts for it. any ideas for just changin out tranny to somethin different? mazda 2wd tranny with divorce nissan tcase??
Old 03-27-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaWheeler View Post
I sas'ed my mazda a while back still using same tranny an tcase. problem is that tcase sits way to far forward so my front drive line is to short and to much of a angle. ive broken 3 so far. im gettin tired of makin them. was gunna swap out motor an tranny but i like my 2.6l an got lots of spare parts for it. any ideas for just changin out tranny to somethin different? mazda 2wd tranny with divorce nissan tcase??
Have you used a cv on the axleshaft flange? Like the ones toyota trucks use. If you want to move it back, you are faced with a huge issue if you want to keep the same drive train. You should stick a 2wd tranny in and add an divorced t-case like the little nissan T-100 tcase. Or remove the engine and tranny and slide in a chev 4.3 with tcase. You need to do lots of measuring ans investigating to see if the length of the tcase flange sits back enough over the original setup you have.