New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)- EPA 2010 Mandate for new diesel engines

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Default Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)- EPA 2010 Mandate for new diesel engines

My name is Roman Hewko and I'm the VP of Sales and Marketing for
KRUSE NORTH AMERICA, INC.

I'm proactively placing this new thread on the Mazda Forum site based on some incorrect information that has been flying around another foreign passenger vehicle site. This topic pertains to the new EPA law that has gone into effect as of January 1, 2010 which states any passenger car, SUV, or truck diesel engine that is manufactured moving forward must meet the NOx emissions release of 0.2%
Any vehicle diesel engine prior to this date will be exempt until the 2015 time frame to when these vehicles must be converted to an SCR (selective catalytic reduction) system. The new diesel engines being built have an SCR system built in and used an aqueous fluid called DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) that is sprayed into the exhaust stream after leaving the engine converting the NOx gas to carbon dioxide and water (GREEN and Environmentally friendly).

I think it would be a good idea to learn more about this if you’re planning on buying a new diesel engine vehicle. I have 2 websites you can go to to learn more about this and Kruse in general.
This law has been in place globally and in Europe has started in 2003. Kruse manufactures and sells DEF under the Trade name of AdBlue in Europe and here in the USA - AdBlue & Bluesky.

www.krusena.com

www.kruse-gruppe.de

I will check in from time to time and try to answer any question you might have or if you wish you can e-mail me at

r.hewko@krusena.com

My very best to you all,

Roman Hewko
VP Sales & Marketing
Kruse North America, Inc.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for your input and information, Roman... and Welcome to Mazda Forum!

Well I truly wish Mazda sold new gen diesels here in the US, but they do not. I know (have heard) that they do in other parts of the world, but have not heard of any plans to bring them to America.

I am only slightly familiar w/your product and others like it and understand that the fluid lasts quite a while before needing replenishment, all the while making diesels much easier and cleaner to live with.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

UPDATE: To all those members who have reported this thread as SPAM, I thank you for your diligence in watching out for the forum. I admit this borders on SPAM posting (I was not too sure about it at first either,) but consider it good informative information and well written to those members that may need it, more than I do posting commercial promotion. In this case, they would be our off-shore members since Mazda does not currently import diesels into the United States, or North America, as far as I am aware.
Again, I Thank You All for watching our backs but I plan to leave this one alone at this time.