Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2014 Mazda3 Infotainment Problems? Yes. You too? Call Mazda!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Default 2014 Mazda3 Infotainment Problems? Yes. You too? Call Mazda!

I've heard a lot of people mention having problems with their infotainment systems crashing or freezing up, but I hadn't experienced this problem at all...until today.

I pulled up to my house, listening to Pandora, and remembered that I needed to stop by an auto parts store to pick up some 303 Aerospace Protectant. I pressed the Navigation button, the screen changed, but the map kept bouncing back and forth about a half-inch, like it was having a spasm. When I went to "new route," "find places," and then "category" (or whatever), it just went back to the map screen. It kept doing this, so I killed the ignition and restarted the car, but it continued to behave the same way. I killed the ignition again and pulled the SD card before starting it back up. This time, of course, it said "no navigation...blah, blah, blah..." I killed it again, put the SD card back in, and once again started it up. The screen read "loading navigation" and stayed that way for 1, 2, 3...5 minutes. I killed it again, and restarted it. Same thing..."loading navigation."

Then, I realized that NONE of the buttons or either of the ***** in the command center deal-eo were working. No matter what I turned, pressed, or flipped, the screen continued on..."loading navigation." Thinking maybe there was some weird thing happening with the bluetooth, I unpaired my phone (from my phone, obviously, since nothing on the car's end seemed to be working). I then restarted the car, but...same thing. What's really strange is that even though my phone was now unpaired, the car's screen still displayed my phone's battery and signal indicators. The system had, in my estimation, completely lost its mind.

At this point I'd simply thrown my hands up and said, "Great. ANOTHER trip to the dealer with a brand new car" and, as I put it in reverse -- I'd decided to just go to the store -- I realized that the backup camera was no longer working, either. LOL W.T.F? COME. ON! No navigation. No radio. No bluetooth. No back-up camera. Everything...USELESS. I looked through the manuals for a way to "reset" the system and came up with zero. Nice. I pulled the fuses. Nothing. I then walked away, so pissed off that I didn't even want to drive the car any longer and decided to go take my dog for a walk (he was appreciative).

An hour later, I got in the car, started it up, and it all-of-the-sudden was working like nothing had ever happened. Mazda needs to fix this system. ASAP. Lousy quality bluetooth streaming, muddy sounding navigation prompts through only a single speaker, and now this. And I know I'm not the only one. If you're having issues with yours, PLEASE call Mazda as I intend to do. If no one speaks up, it either won't get fixed, or updates will take forever, and I don't want to wait forever for my brand new car to start working the way it should.

Thanks for reading.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Default navigation screen problems

My month old Mazda 3 S Touring's navigation screen blanked out today after I tried to change the AM radio station. Turned off the ignition and tried to start the radio/navigation system again but the screen continues to be blank. The upside is that I learned what the 'information' button on the steering column does. Am hoping that the navigation screen starts up again to avoid a trip to the dealership. We shall see. A nice car otherwise.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Default Managed to lock up I/O ports

My USB stick with mp3's had some file names with special characters in them. Music suddenly stopped and hung on USB2. Navigation sound guidance stopped (except for beep) and strangely, the 3 auto turn signals when you short press the turn signal also stopped. Thought I would reboot by restarting the car - bad move. Since all the I/O ports were locked, it did not read the Navigation SD card and said I had no navigation system. Still said loading on USB2 with nothing inserted. Was finally able to unlock the system by turning car on with my phone plugged into USB2 in charge mode.

So is there anyway to REALLY reboot the Infotainment system. Turning the car off and back on does not do a full reboot.

Last edited by timmonsr@gmail.com; 12-07-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Default Found way to make Navigation GPS go to La-La land

My phone was connected to the Infotainment system using Bluetooth, phone battery was getting low, so I plugged USB cable into USB port. The Navigation system immediately went berserk. It showed the car taking off through the woods and constantly recalculating. When I disconnected the USB cable, navigation started working again.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Default Really like some of the Infotainment features

Showing the battery level of phone and signal strength on top line is great. Also, I really like the display of cross streets before you get to them.

Voice commands are great, but no voice recognition is perfect. Voice commands solve most problems with touch screen being inactive while the car is moving.

Navigation instructions are not as bad as my Garmin. Does sometimes give strange instructions, but the screen display clarifies. (Like "Turn left at T intersection.", when there is no T and no intersection, and you keep going straight as shown on display screen.)

Old 12-10-2013, 02:42 PM

Received a reply from a Mazda rep who stated that there is an infotainment update available at my dealership. Hopefully, this will help. I believe Mazda realizes how important it is to get the infotainment system (and others) working properly. I like the car: great handling and gas mileage even with the 2.5 liter!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:39 PM

lord!!! just own my first mazda3 GS 2014 for 3 weeks. now the nav screen is blackout. nothing works_audio, nav, camera ......I'm not alone here. mazda must take action immediately.....

Old 01-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Default trip to dealership to update infotainment worthwhile

Had the infotainment update done a few weeks ago. Corrected problems. Dealership also spent 4 hours fixing a dash noise produced by an incorrectly fused plastic weld. Mazda seems to be committed to correcting problems. Still like my 2014 Mazda 3. Gets 36-37 mpgs with the 2.5 liter on the highway at 65 mph.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:49 PM

Hi guys. I have to say, I'm relieved that I was not the only one with this problem, considering my luck with cars. Ok, so I'm from Europe, and I bought new mazda 3 sedan in december. Everything was working properly until I stopped to pump some gas. After I turned on my car again, the infotainment monitor was completely frozen showing nothing but the mazda logo (like it was mocking me). None of the buttons worked, either on he wheel, or the infotainment buttons. The touchscreen also doesn't work. I started turning the engine off and on, and it didn't work. The manual was useless, so I was wondering, is there a way besides blowing my warranty and taking it to the dealer? I'm gonna go try again in a few hours.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:01 PM

Hi, Finnish mazda owners group closed their board for non-paying members while I had IV Golf for 2 years, so here I am.
All this sounds really promising.. Have had 2.2 Diesel for two days now. Music streaming hiccups sometimes and seems that if I play music stored in phone with BT it keeps repeating same track and next track button just starts it over. Spotify works fine. Yes I have checked I havent forgotten it on repeat.
Also navigator should be warning about automatic speed cameras but so far it hasn't worked at all. (Location of camera posts is public information and no law forbids this so it shouldn't be regional issue..)
Rear seat is pretty loosely fixed in mine too and every '14 three I've seen, doesn't bother me though.
Delivery for 2.0 gas would've been in July and can't really complain about almost double the torque..

Quick Reply: 2014 Mazda3 Infotainment Problems? Yes. You too? Call Mazda!