Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2014 Mazda3 Infotainment Problems? Yes. You too? Call Mazda!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:41 PM

sigh, just got a 2015 3 SGT, NAV System is at 31.00.100

the system has exhibited all the bad things described in this thread, becoming unusable three times in three hundred miles

will call dealer tomorrow, but can't believe there is a new OS for it.

I will end up lemon lawing this car if this isn't fixed

Old 10-20-2014, 03:10 PM

talked with dealer today, he says 33 is out (I think it was 33.00.500A but not sure)

will let yous know how it does

Last edited by satyricon; 10-20-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:50 PM

Mazda doesn't care. We just need to stop buying them.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:39 PM

I just installed this for my MAZDA 6 (Tom Tom)

New software 10.854 for Mazda Navigation System NB1
OPTIONS
a week ago

Hi all,

We just released a software updated for the Mazda Navigation System NB1. Below more information about it:

Version 10.854
(Mazda Navigation System NB1)

Changes:
• Loss of traffic info via LIVE Services after border crossing has been fixed
• Bug in 'MapMatcher' (causing a reboot) has been fixed
• Automatic fix for rotating map (GPS) issue
• Application is now robust against corrupted '.ov2' file
• Application is now robust against corrupted 'packedephemeris.ee' file
• Application is now robust against corrupt EXT3 disk image file
• Disabled download of incompatible TTS voices from TT HOME

Old 10-27-2014, 05:41 PM

My new Mazda nav crashed 1 time so far. I saw only the compass no map. If this happens again I will have the system replaced

Old 10-28-2014, 09:09 AM

October 2014 Touch Screen sometimes not responsive. Radio info. lagging - track info. gets stuck on one tune, but multiple tunes have been played since. Dealer updated system to latest version 33.00.500. Now operating normally.....

Old 10-28-2014, 09:20 AM

October 2014 Creaking noises from the front right dash still there. Anything the dealer has done has not fixed it at all. They said they would let Mazda know and ask them to tell them what to do next.
Dealer has worked on the car now on 3 separate occasions. Each time it's been in the garage for the whole day. They hear the noise (I think it's worse than ever), know the area it's coming from but can't make it go away. The SB I was referred to, by TSimmons (thanks) didn't fix the problem.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:36 PM

So.. it's been a while. All is good.. almost. Audio keeps clicking and adding weird tweaky noises on USB, songs bought from XBox music so files ought to be good, BT audio just cuts once or twice in a minute but no noises.
Also the BT signal craps out if the phone is even in the left pant pocket, really sensitive in center console too. Tested with Lumia, two iPhones and some Huawei.
Complained about all this in service, they said they didn't find anything wrong and practically refused to do anything so apparently me, my friends and couple random passangers are having collective hallucinations.
Skyaktiv = psychoaktiv?

Old 10-28-2014, 05:49 PM

Since my last dealer update on my Mazda 3 I have not had any major problems with the infotainment system. When playing a CD the track listing gets stuck on the first track and does not move off of that but other than that it is OK.

The GPS they put in the 3's is not very good, hopefully on future models they will upgrade it to a TomTom instead of the Nav Tec system they currently put in. Black Friday I will be looking to buy another GPS so I do not have to mess with this one. The voice activation is nearly useless and that is all you can use while driving. When I enter an address via voice control while driving locally in my home town or the ones next to me, to the east and west, it does not recognize the town names and gives me a list of addresses all over the US - very frustrating. It is not worth the effort to use this system while driving and so come Black Friday I intend to buy a good Garmin unit I can use and just use the infotainment screen for anything other than the GPS. It was a waste of money getting the GPS equipped vehicle but for the other options I wanted I was stuck with getting the GPS.

I have a stand alone voice activated Garmin in my wife's car and we do not have any issues with it. I know Mazda can do better than what they have done with the Mazda 3 GPS, so hopefully they can take care of this in the future models.

Last edited by TennKi; 10-28-2014 at 06:10 PM. Reason: grammar & spelling
Old 11-13-2014, 04:26 PM

Took the car into the dealer 11 Nov. 2014. They followed SB 09-001/14, made repair and the creaking/snapping/clicking noise is gone! I'm so happy!

Quick Reply: 2014 Mazda3 Infotainment Problems? Yes. You too? Call Mazda!