Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

First car, many problems. Really worried.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Question First car, many problems. Really worried.

So I recently bought my first car. I bought it for $500 CAD. The buyer (my best friend) claimed that there was nothing wrong with it and he is in a hurry to sell due to the fact that hes moving. Also he is doing me a favour because he knows money is tight for me. So me being the naive person that I was, I bought the car without having a mechanic to look at it. A day later I noticed that the car is taking a lot of gasoline ? Late evening I refilled the car with gas to full and the following morning the tank was at empty. I know no one else drove my car because my family doesn't drive. After investigating there was a leak, more specifically the gas tank. So, that's problem number one. The second problem is the car takes a bit to start. Kinda difficult to explain the sound when it starts but its kinda like er-er-er-er-er-er-er-er-er-er -vehicle starts-. Sometimes it's longer. The third problem is when driving at fast speeds over (70KPH/40MPH) after a bit the tires smoke! I know it's my tires because as soon as this happened I pulled over and took a look at my engine, no smoke coming from there it was my front left tire. Lastly, when starting the car the car is making a squeaky sound and when braking. I am really nervous and scared because I want to drive a safe vehicle and currently I am not driving my family around because in my opinion the car isn't road worthy. I need to fix it asap because I drive as my job. What are these problems and how much should I spend to fix them? Should I even fix them to begin with? Should I just take it to the junk yard or whatever and take it as a lesson that I should always have a mechanic investigate a car I'm interested in buying prior to purchasing? I don't know so please if you can give me advice that would be wonderful.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:45 AM

what car is this first of all?