Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Smart Card Programming (Keyless Entry Fob)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Default Smart Card Programming (Keyless Entry Fob)

2007 CX9.

Can anyone tell me if this is the correct procedure for programming this card? (See attachments) Thanks.

Jim

Procedure:

With two programmed card keys
1. Bring the programmed card keys (2) and the unprogrammed card key into the vehicle.
2. Close all doors.
3. Insert the supplementary key into the ignition key cylinder.

Note
Complete the procedures up to Step 7 within 30s after the supplementary key is inserted.

4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
5. Press the UNLOCK button on card key 1.
6. Press the UNLOCK button on card key 2.
7. From the ignition switch in the ON position, switch the ignition switch in the order indicated below.
-ACC - ON - ACC - ON - ACC - ON
8. Open the driver-side front door, press the door switch twice, and then close the door.

Note
After Step 3 is completed and the card key programming mode is activated, the door lock actuator operates to lock, and then operates to unlock.
If the door lock actuator does not operate, repeat the procedure from Step 2.

9. Press the UNLOCK button on the unprogrammed card key twice.

Note
After Step 8 is completed and the card key is programmed, the door lock actuator operates to lock and then operates to unlock.

10. If programming more card keys, remove the supplementary key once, and then repeat the procedure from Step 2.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ernurse2/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ernurse2/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ernurse2/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ernurse2/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ernurse2/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ernurse2/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

Attached Thumbnails Smart Card Programming (Keyless Entry Fob)-mazda2suvuncut.jpg  

Last edited by virgin1; 01-30-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Title change
Old 01-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

I am not sure about the programming aspect you asked me about, though I'm pretty sure there is at least one here who knows (icspots.)

When I first opened this thread, based on the title I thought I might find spam here and was close to deleting the thread. I just wanted to let you know why I added info to your title.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 AM
Default mazda verisa programing smary key

How to Program smart Key for a 2004 Mazda verisa?

Old 06-07-2013, 03:48 AM

Hey, just out of interest, I've just bought a Verisa 2004 which also has keyless ignition and entry (quite an upgrade from my last $800 bomb!) and after the first few days dealing with the KEY red and green lights flashing on my dash I changed the battery, but the red KEY light still stays lit for much longer than the rest of the emergency lights. Is this normal or does it mean something more serious?

Old 04-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Default Mazda verisa key

I have one key card but want to get a spare.I am in new Zealand.can I import one and how do you programme it with just one key card? Thanks

Old 04-18-2014, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure about New Zealand cars, but here in the US you need two for a DIY. Otherwise a trip to a dealer is necessary.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

Kia-ora Bexi333

I used to work at South Auckland Mazda and drove a Atenza Sports Wagon with the smart key. Its a awesome feature.

The cards aren't cheap. You will need to get a price from your local Mazda Dealer, as they may vary from model to model & you need to get the specific card to suit your car.

Below is the smart card coding process for a NZ & OZ spec 2007 CX9, it may be the same as a Verisa.

1. Bring the programmed card keys (2) and a unprogrammed card key into the vehicle.

2. Close all doors.

3. Insert the supplementary key into the ignition key cylinder.

Note
• Complete the procedures up to Step 7 within 30 s after the supplementary key is inserted.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

5. Press the UNLOCK button on card key 1.

6. Press the UNLOCK button on card key 2.

7. From the ignition switch in the ON position, switch the ignition switch in the order indicated below.

― ACC→ON→ACC→ON→ACC→ON
8. Open the driver-side front door, press the door switch twice, and then close the door.

Note
• After Step 3 is completed and the card key programming mode is activated, the door lock actuator operates to lock, and then operates to unlock.
• If the door lock actuator does not operate, repeat the procedure from Step 2.
9. Press the UNLOCK button on the unprogrammed card key twice.

Note
• After Step 8 is completed and the card key is programmed, the door lock actuator operates to lock, and then operates to unlock.
10. If programming more card keys, remove the supplementary key once, and then repeat the procedure from Step 2.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:37 AM
Default thanks

Thanks for your help.I bought the car recently and I only got one card unfortunately.they said they have to get the key from Japan and it will be Nz $417 so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks

Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Where in NZ are you?

Old 04-23-2014, 07:15 AM

Auckland - west

Quick Reply: Smart Card Programming (Keyless Entry Fob)