Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior upgrades needed for 2016

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Default Interior upgrades needed for 2016

My wife recently took ownership of a 2014 Ford Escape. While I appreciated the exterior design and overall driving style of the CX-5, she fell in love with the interior and smooth, quiet, comfortable ride of the Escape.

Now it's time for me to purchase a car, and I definitely want to go with a CX-5. The problem for me is the plain, "vanilla" dash, especially the small display screen, after spending a few weeks looking at what the Escape has to offer:

Interior upgrades needed for 2016-escapeint1.jpg

Interior upgrades needed for 2016-escapeint2.jpg

If Mazda could incorporate the design they put in the new Mazda 3, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Right now I feel like I should wait, and see what they come up with in the next style update.

Anyone else have the same opinion, or do you appreciate the more conservative style the CX-5 currently offers?

Dbldamage

Old 07-20-2014, 03:15 PM

I don't have an issue with the layout (or complexity) of the CX-5 dash but really wish they would upgrade the interior materials a bit. I also think it's cheapo not to have lighted window controls (only the driver window is lighted). Even our 22 year old Camry LE has fully lighted controls on all windows.

Wished Mazda would have auto up/down on All windows. Again, only the driver window is auto up/down. Our 2010 Camry Hybrid has full auto up/down on all 4 windows.

I'm really perplexed why there is no light in the glove box. We're not talking about any econo car here.

I've had my CX-5 now for 2 months and no regrets. I leased it so could keep it or move up/down in another 3 years. If Mazda offers their 2.2L turbo diesel in the USA, it would be sweet.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:47 PM

The Escape was the first car my wife and I looked at. I drove the CX-5 and it could have had a dash out of the 50s. I would still have bought it.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:36 PM

Glad she likes the Escape, but for me, the Escape is too busy and confusing. I prefer the simplicity and directness of the CX5 controls.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by JonW
Glad she likes the Escape, but for me, the Escape is too busy and confusing. I prefer the simplicity and directness of the CX5 controls.
Do you have the nav system in yours, and if so, how do you like it?

Old 08-06-2014, 10:17 AM

Connectivity needs an upgrade and I wish the dash lights were all orange. Other then that it's OK with me.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by DblDamage
Do you have the nav system in yours, and if so, how do you like it?
No - I have a Garmin I can move between cars. I don't think I would ever wsnt an in-dash GPS.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:56 PM

Add an optional power lift gate and drivers side memory seat buttons to my wish list.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:14 PM

I wouldn't suggest auto up windows for the back windows......if anyone has kids I can foresee lots of caught hands and crying.....the other front window maybe but I am not convinced.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:34 PM

I just realized that these posts are from 2013-14 and refer to the pre-2016 CX-5 models so are not current with the 2016 interior upgrades! Right?

Quick Reply: Interior upgrades needed for 2016