Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked windshield 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring w/Smart City Brake Support System

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:18 AM

I know that I paid over $2,000 and it is not covered.
Next post, I'll tell you which Company and which policy I purchased (they offered 3).
Too bad.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:15 AM
Unhappy Qty of CX-5 2014 w/ Broken Windshield in TAIWAN is IncreasING

All;
Hi, I am from Taiwan and one of CX-5 FB group members as below. I have collected 30 cars w/ broken windshield hit by SMALL stones during driving or the other unknown reasons. Please refer to link of app.box.com as below. The qty of cars in this folder will be increased we believe.
https://app.box.com/s/c6vs8eticx1evp3b0p7c0mx5oaw9h1p3

Therefore, we need you attentions on this SERIOUS quality / Design issue. Some of members have interviewed w/ local TV station in today and want to get more help from Mazda TW and its headquarter.

We have highlighted this quality ( design) issue not only in Facebook bot also local famous website(mobile01). However, Mazda still not gives active responses. Some of members have even canceled orders of CX-5 2015 type.

Why you choose Cx-5? My main reason is that it gets Top Safety Pick+ as following( IIHS org.). However, I wonder that why qty of broken windshield increased not only in Taiwan, but also in US, Australia and the other counties.
Vehicle details

Consequently, we need to be together, be a strong team, to escalate this issue to your local Mazda, governments, Mazda Japan and the other main website w/ more influence. Don’t give up, the beginning is always the hardest, we will MAKE it.

CX-5 TW Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TWCX5OWNER/

CX-5 World worldwide Fourms
http://www.mechanicadvisor.com/problems/mazda/2014/cx-5
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...-system-31837/
CX5 Windscreens - General Automotive Discussions - OZMAZDA.com - Australian Mazda Owners Car Club/Forum

Old 03-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Red face Similar problem -- thanks to the thread for getting it resolved!

I had the same problem on a brand new 2016 CX-5 Grant Touring, Smart City brake support system, etc., I bought about a week ago -- a crack appeared mysteriously over the weekend (driving in the snow, so very unlikely for it to be a rock hit) in the top center of the windshield, then it spread down below the sensor area and took a coat hanger-shaped path to the right. Took it to the dealer, they pulled it in the shop, then called me in to tell me there was a rock hit -- a tiny, tiny, minuscule flake in the top part of the crack -- I didn't see them use a pin (or pen), but...

District manager said no, it was not their problem. So I forwarded them the URL of this forum with a bunch of comments excerpted, and the DM decided to "good will" it, even though it wasn't (of course!) a design defect.

So you save me a deductible and my insurance company $700+. Thanks!!

Old 03-27-2015, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by doctee
I had the same problem on a brand new 2016 CX-5 Grant Touring, Smart City brake support system, etc., I bought about a week ago -- a crack appeared mysteriously over the weekend (driving in the snow, so very unlikely for it to be a rock hit) in the top center of the windshield, then it spread down below the sensor area and took a coat hanger-shaped path to the right. Took it to the dealer, they pulled it in the shop, then called me in to tell me there was a rock hit -- a tiny, tiny, minuscule flake in the top part of the crack -- I didn't see them use a pin (or pen), but...

District manager said no, it was not their problem. So I forwarded them the URL of this forum with a bunch of comments excerpted, and the DM decided to "good will" it, even though it wasn't (of course!) a design defect.

Hi;
It is good news to hear that. We just gotten a good news in Taiwan as well. One famous blogger wants us to give him photos of broken windshield, date and the other contact information.
Then, he will discuss w/ Mazda Taiwan how to have adequate solutions( more warranty years and etc..).

As my understanding, CX-5 2016 type will be available after middle Apr. in Taiwan. Therefore, it is better to get more information about CX-5 2016 from worldwide. CX-5 is my 1st priority to own. However, I still not go to local district for order yet due to this issue of quality / design. Thanks

Old 03-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Banned
Exclamation

You went through a big POTHOLE!
Windshield is an important part of structure!

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 03-27-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:34 PM

I just bought a 2016 cx5 gt with scbs Monday. Thursday I noticed a crack starting from the middle of the scbs unit stretching down to the bottom and out to the drivers side where I noticed it from inside. The car didn't even have 100 miles on it. I brought it to the dealer and they are replacing it under warranty but now reading this I'm going to think this is an on going issue. It'd be great if there were a way to get this issue resolved once and for all for all of us...

Old 04-09-2015, 06:54 PM

Did the crack begin near the SCBS that is mounted on your windshield ?

Old 04-09-2015, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jmzda
I just bought a 2016 cx5 gt with scbs Monday. Thursday I noticed a crack starting from the middle of the scbs unit stretching down to the bottom and out to the drivers side where I noticed it from inside. The car didn't even have 100 miles on it. I brought it to the dealer and they are replacing it under warranty but now reading this I'm going to think this is an on going issue. It'd be great if there were a way to get this issue resolved once and for all for all of us...

I believe the SCBS mounted on the windshield is at least a contributing factor further stressing the windshield. If this is the case it might happen again. I delayed purchase of 2015 because of this and I'm really surprised to see that Mazda has failed to fix this on the 2016. A while back ago I emailed Mazda about this with a photo of a cracked windshield during a test run of CX-5 by a test driver from 'Edmunds'. Doesn't look like it did any good. If it happens again to you have it inspected by your own mechanic to verify that it was not a rock chip before going to the dealer.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:06 PM

我是來自TAIWAN的車主,今年的3月19日行駛高速公路時,被小跳石打擊到。
就變成整個玻璃裂四十公分,目前在台灣有很多相同的案例在CX-5車主上。
如果你們有興趣,歡迎加入我們一起討論,謝謝。
裡面約有50台受損玻璃的車主及相片,我們將和你們在一起。
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cx5sos/

Last edited by Johnny osram; 04-15-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:43 AM

Well I have joined the club. Going in for a new windshield in a couple of hours but can't blame Mazda. Yesterday morning at about 6 going to work on a typical Texas Farm to Market road with a 70 limit and two driving and no breakdown lanes. Guy in a pick up passed at about 90+ (I was at 72) and threw up a rock. That was all she wrote. When I cam out of work there was a 20 inch runner.

Quick Reply: Cracked windshield 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring w/Smart City Brake Support System