Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Navigation System in 2016 CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 08:00 PM

There are SD cards on ebay for < $100. Are they any good? They also say the NAV system alerts the driver to red light and speed cameras. Is that true?

Old 01-26-2017, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by nickndfl
There are SD cards on ebay for < $100. Are they any good? They also say the NAV system alerts the driver to red light and speed cameras. Is that true?

I don't know anything about the Ebay nav cards but according to the Nav owner's manual the info on red light and speed cams comes from 'historical data'. So the info isn't 'live' and it's as old as your last Nav update.

Mazda has all of their owner's manuals online. Go here and enter the required info and you can read the Nav owner's manual.

https://www.mazdausa.com/owners/how-to-use-my-mazda

Old 02-18-2017, 11:39 AM

For my 2016 CX-5 Touring I recently bought an ebay sdcard. Pulled the cover off of the sd slot in the area in front of the shift lever near the 2 usb ports. I inserted the SD Card and started the engine. Navigation started automatically.

Caveats:
Part No: BHP1 66 EZ1E
Region: (USA/Canada/Mexico) obviously will not work for Europe

The card will automatically lock to your vehicle once it has been driven for a short distance and cannot be used in another vehicle. Copying the card does not work.

Wyatt

Old 02-18-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by whendricks
For my 2016 CX-5 Touring I recently bought an ebay sdcard. Pulled the cover off of the sd slot in the area in front of the shift lever near the 2 usb ports. I inserted the SD Card and started the engine. Navigation started automatically.

Caveats:
Part No: BHP1 66 EZ1E
Region: (USA/Canada/Mexico) obviously will not work for Europe

The card will automatically lock to your vehicle once it has been driven for a short distance and cannot be used in another vehicle. Copying the card does not work.

Wyatt
Did you need to update the card or did you remove it from the package and install it directly?

Old 02-19-2017, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Maineiac
Historically there have been problems with the nav system-I don't know if they fixed them on the 16. I second the "buy a windshield mount unit" advice. I have a Magellan that I can switch to my toy or use in rental cars.
I have a 2014 with the Tom Tom nav system Mazda had at the time (maybe still does). Of my three vehicles with nav, the Mazda system is the easiest to update and the cheapest and it seems to be the most accurate. For $79 per year, updates come out weekly with major map updates quarterly. The Pioneer system in my Miata costs $129 per year and is infrequently updated while the UConnect system in my Jeep costs $150 whenever they decide to update it which is running about every two years at this point with the maps being out of date when the update is released. I'm pleased with the Mazda system even though it lacks some of the bells and whistles that the others have because it is current and accurate (so far).

Old 08-13-2017, 10:19 PM

Upgraded and bought a '17 CX-5 GT. Took out the SD card with only 14 miles on the odometer. Had thought about selling it on eBay. Thought the card was worth more. I'll be putting it back in, even though we don't use the nav system.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:26 PM

I agree, Waze is the best! Get a nice phone holder that clips onto the air vents and go that route.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:34 PM

IDK if im too late but i have a NAV card for sale that is Original and unused. Let me know if anybody wants it! but yes this map cards are easy to install and will work in ANY mazda as long as the have the Mazda Connect system