General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rockdale Mazda Service Centre -- POOR SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Default Rockdale Mazda Service Centre -- POOR SERVICE

I am pretty pissed off with "service" I got from Rockdale Mazda Service Centre. Took my car there because it was missing and severely lacked power under load, it would never go beyond 20-30km/hr. They took over a day to "diagnose" my problem and came back saying that injectors, coils, plugs needed changing which I reluctantly allowed them to do .. cost $1500. They then said come back with another $1500 and we will replace your catalytic converters (after market; $5000 for OEM) which will fix your car. At that point I decided to research symptoms, faults and fixes for my car and eventually fixed the problem myself with a $135 replacement part! The lowly fuel pump. Why did it take me researching and learning on my own to fix a problem they should have picked up? Even their own service report doesn't even mention any problem with the fuel system, in fact they "claim" to have serviced it!! They are the vilest scum of the earth. They lack ethics and the most basic troubleshooting skills expected of any dealership. They are nothing more than highway robbers! STAY AWAY FROM ROCKDALE MAZDA SERVICE CENTRE!!!

Old 11-01-2014, 08:00 AM

Technicians skills vary from dealer to dealer. I worked for Mazda 20 years in Houston and most of the dealers had all master certified techs and payed us well. Today your lucky if even 1 tech has his masters. They just don't want to pay for good techs. The bean counters can't understand why the techs should make more money than them so they hire kids out of a tech school thinking that fixing cars is such an easy thing to do. I checked out that dealer and they apparently have zero master techs. If you go to a dealer ask them if they have a factory certified master tech. If they do ask them to put him on your car. If they refuse then walk.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Banned

Thanx for letting us know. I too had to switch Mazda dealers. Just because you bought from a certain dealer, doesn't mean you have to stay there. I think all Mazda dealers have access to your previous service work, so find a new one.
Here is 1 reason why I had to change: https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...-design-28940/
Guess he didn't approve of my exhaust upgrade that actually solved my misfire issues. He also did not like the fact that I changed all O2 sensors to NGK NTK. He wanted me to put on Mazda O2 sesnors back on. I am pretty certain Mazda used the NGK spark plugs as OE. It was quite the pain in the a.s.s.